Need an advise before accepting another job

pvlkvr

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everybody,

I greatly appreciate your advises/suggesions.

My employer filed my GC and i got EAD/AP. I haven't get my FP and I-140 is still pending. It's been 240day GC was filed.

Please advise me...................................

I am still with my employer who filed my GC, now i got an another offer.

Can take this as a part time job and there is no change in my currtent job with my GC sponsered employer. (two jobs at the same time)

I informed to GC sponsered employer and he dosen't have any problem if i accept this. The New employer wants me in full time as soon as i got my I-140.

Can i run two pay roles at the same time with Old and New employers?
Is there any things like Main Job and part-time job for EAD holders?

Thank you in advance.

pvlkvr said:
Hello Everybody,

I greatly appreciate your advises/suggesions.

My employer filed my GC and i got EAD/AP. I haven't get my FP and I-140 is still pending. It's been 240day GC was filed.

Please advise me...................................

I am still with my employer who filed my GC, now i got an another offer.

Can take this as a part time job and there is no change in my currtent job with my GC sponsered employer. (two jobs at the same time)

I informed to GC sponsered employer and he dosen't have any problem if i accept this. The New employer wants me in full time as soon as i got my I-140.

Can i run two pay roles at the same time with Old and New employers?
Is there any things like Main Job and part-time job for EAD holders?

Thank you in advance.
You can only join the other employer on EAD -- which means you lose your H/L status immediately and need to use EAD for your current employer also.

This is RISKY as your 140 is not even approved yet.
If your 140 gets denied, you are in deep$hit as you are out of status.
Better to keep valid H/L status till your 140 gets approved( atleast ).

If you want to take this risk, then there is nothing that stops you from having 2 jobs.
Just make sure the "main" job falls under the approved Labor classification.

Hi max,

Thank you verymuch. I am thinking of taking that risk right now. I still have some more time like 2 weeks. I am trying get as much info as i can get.

Because i am continuing with my employer and he only filed my GC so still do i need to be Salary and Title mentioned in GC labour with this job.(I am not getting that salary)

Hi max,

can you please clear these for me.

Does 2nd job need Offer letter?
Does 2nd job need AC21? do we need to inform to INS(NSC)?
Does 2nd job need same salary and Title as mentioned in GC Labor?(as this is not primary)

Thank you

pvlkvr said:
Hi max,

can you please clear these for me.

Does 2nd job need Offer letter?
Does 2nd job need AC21? do we need to inform to INS(NSC)?
Does 2nd job need same salary and Title as mentioned in GC Labor?(as this is not primary)

Thank you

Cross posting and already answered by someone. See:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=138251

pvlkvr: It is a good idea to post your questions on the same thread, it avoids clutter, as well as consolidates the answers.

If you use EAD means, you have accepted Adj of status. If your I-140 is denied..., you will be in trouble. If your second employer can apply for H1, call it transfer.., does not come under quota..., the momet your second employer files your H1, you can start working for him, implies you will be working on 2 H1's, simultaneously. Legally accepted.
Even before I-140 is approved, working on EAD is highly risky... Decision is yours...

Hi,
H1 transfer is good idea.
What will happend to GC status?

when we file H1 transfer i hear INS will de-activiate all the previous request(485/140/EAD/AP)?

my wife is working on EAD.

Please suggest me.

according to the new concurrent I140/I485 rule i don't think i will get my I140 in near future. may that is the reason why the NSC latest update shows the same date for I140 since last 3 months.

pvlkvr said:
when we file H1 transfer i hear INS will de-activiate all the previous request(485/140/EAD/AP)?
Not true -- atleast since 1999-2000 its OK to do this.

my wife is working on EAD.
Doesn't matter - if there is trouble in your 140 and if you are still on H status, your wife can travel abroad and re-enter on H4 status (after a visa stamp if needed)

Thank you peace-of-min and max.

I will try to get some more info and try to implement this.

Thank you all.

insted of appling another h1 or h1 extension for other company can i take 1090 from them.

if i can how on H1B or EAD?

please give me sugession.

Folks pvlkvr question has lead to another question can you interchange between EAD and H1 withot going out of US? Any expert opinion??

Hi all--
my situation is also same like PVLKVR.
I am working in a company "A" on H1. My GC petition is filed by Company "B". Company A is part of company B. Only Tax IDs are different. Located under one roof.
I applied for my 140/485 in Nov, 2003 as future employment from company "B". EAD approved in Dec, 2003. Till now didnt use EAD.
I didnt recieve FP notice till now. Waiting for 140 approval. Applied for EAD renewal on August 12th, 2003. EAD status updated twice since then.
My current employer is ready to provide whatever document I want, because company is owned by my family. The GC process will be continued. Company is making very good profits.
Now I need to take up some training for few years on my EAD. I have to start my training on sep 15th. It will be for 1 year. They will pay money for my training.
My current employer willing to continue my pay during this period also.
So will it be ok if I move to new job(training)--if not exactly equal to the job for which I applied for GC?
Gurus please help me by providing your valuable advice---I appreciate your help

kalamoli said:
Hi all--
my situation is also same like PVLKVR.
I am working in a company "A" on H1. My GC petition is filed by Company "B". Company A is part of company B. Only Tax IDs are different. Located under one roof.
I applied for my 140/485 in Nov, 2003 as future employment from company "B". EAD approved in Dec, 2003. Till now didnt use EAD.
I didnt recieve FP notice till now. Waiting for 140 approval. Applied for EAD renewal on August 12th, 2003. EAD status updated twice since then.
My current employer is ready to provide whatever document I want, because company is owned by my family. The GC process will be continued. Company is making very good profits.
Now I need to take up some training for few years on my EAD. I have to start my training on sep 15th. It will be for 1 year. They will pay money for my training.
My current employer willing to continue my pay during this period also.
So will it be ok if I move to new job(training)--if not exactly equal to the job for which I applied for GC?
Gurus please help me by providing your valuable advice---I appreciate your help

Well from what you wrote, your situation is not like PVLKVR.

First of all, its great to be in your situation ! Company owned by family, will continue GC and provide whatever document you want, they will pay you normal salary while training AND pay you for the training ! Now all you need is for them to say that you are doing the same job and not mention that you are on training. Since you will be paid, why do you want to tell USCIS that you are going for traing for 1 year? USCIS does not want to know what you are doing in the job, as long as your job duties and salary conditions are met. So relax, and join the training as if you are still working. In the meantime if there is a RFE for EVL or pay slips, you will be ewasily able to reply as you will have both.

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your answer.
The thing is--there is nothing we or the company have to pay for the training.
But I will get money from the institute as stifund to be in that training--So that is the situation-- I will get 2 W2s in one year for 2 different jobs.
I dont know whether it will be ok with BCIS--