Need Alternate Source of Minimum Wage

gimme_GC_ASAP

Registered Users (C)
My H1 is expiring on 02/14/06.

My lawyer is working on renewal application. However, we hit a bottle neck since DOL is showing $62.50/hr as minimum wage for internist..My employer declined to raise the salary since even US citizens are paid same rate as I get.

Does anyone have access to alternate source for salary determination. My lawyer has had no luck so far.

This is an SOS call. I will appreciate your help.

Thanks

Hi

Go to flcdatacenter.com, or ask your lawyer to do that.

and try this code for wages....,( not internists.... presuming that you are an internist..)

Physicians and Surgeons, All Other- this usually comes lower in wages...

good luck

How does that work out on an annual basis ? Is there a way to play with the hours worked, count vacation as unpaid leave and reduce the # of hours worked until the salary comes up to par ?

Do you receive any benefits that could be paid out as part of your salary (e.g. your malpractice and licensing/credentialing fees, some of this stuff would be tax deductible for you, evening out the hit you take on your gross income tax).

There is a very smart guy on this forum who goes by the handle of 'unitednations'. He is an accountant and deals with issues regarding 'ability to pay' in the realm of I140 petitions. If you look through his posts, you might find some morsels on how to play with the DOLs salary definitions. He is very helpful to people with this kind of problem, if you PM him you might get some help.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1350565#post1350565

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for your help ...my attorney found an alternate source for the minimum wages....had to pay $175....

I make pretty decent amount if you go by the total amount and not per hour. Also, noticed that there has been significant hike for internist minimum wages this year. So this took me off-gaurd

An alternate source for the minimum wages

Could you please share this source? This should help every-one - the renewers and new job seekers.

gimme_GC_ASAP said:
Thanks everyone for your help ...my attorney found an alternate source for the minimum wages....had to pay $175....

I make pretty decent amount if you go by the total amount and not per hour. Also, noticed that there has been significant hike for internist minimum wages this year. So this took me off-gaurd

Can you please share what other alternate source you had for the prevailing wage. I am in a similar situation and the prevailing wage in the DOL list is too high. My hospital cannot sfford it and up to now are hersitant on changing my salary. My H-1 renewal is due soon. I will appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Marie