need all the Help I can get

pceefan

Registered Users (C)
folks,

my lawyer became a judge, she left and pop goes her law firm, some stupid para legal handles the cases. No response, no nothing, all other lawyers in the firms have quit. And I am in my critcal phase as far as my 485 is concerned. WAC-086 case.

Questions

1. What if the INS sends the 2nd FP and the law firm loses it? what are my options, called the IIO, she said they can't confirm whether a 2nd FP has been sent

2. I guess I can answer a RFE on my own, correct

I called the IIo today and changed the mailing address to my home address, it was the law firms addres so far. What if the INS has sent the 2nd Fp notice say a few days ago and I don't get it

I am worried..pls help..

FP notice goes to applicant's address as well as attorney's, but RFE goes to attorney. You do need watch closely.

If you worry very much, you can terminate your attorney's representativeness for you. But, even you have done that, mails may still go to attorney, you know how USCIS work.

how about changing the law firm and sending out another G28 form (the legal representative form).

This would cost some money, but at least you are safe.

Pceefan,

Don't worry! Be positive!

She is responsible for so many clients to be addressed. She can't just close down the office...and go. She might have appointed or handedover all her existing clients to new partners....

You should not receive RFE!!
:)

if at all you receive, you can address your RFE as long as you have proper records..or hire a new attorney!

Just file a G28, get a new lawyer. Monitor the new tracker that INS has implemented and make sure that your case has not been touched or any RFE/FP notice sent. After the G28 is implemented, there should be no problem.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot folks......WaitAAA tks for letting me know that FP notices go both to the Lawyer and the individual..tks a lot

Lawyers are over rated (no offense to Rajiv Khanna). You will do just fine without one, only richer!!:D :D :D