Need Advise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YadaYada

Registered Users (C)
I had my PD current in march and got laid off at the end of march.I got a different job in a fortune 10 company but got laid of while my H1 was being transfered.I was out of status and got my H4 stamped from Mexico.It was a pain their because they asked me to get the principal H1 holder to issue an H4 and I to go again.
        I have 1 1/2 years left on my H1B and still no job.My wife is applying for GC - labor in couple of days.Do I have time to get GC?. Can I get H1 extension for 7th year once my wife\'s GC is pending for a year.She has around 2 1/2 years of H1.I have spent lots of money on consultations with good attorney\'s but none of them have same opinion. Anyone with insight , please advise.

Need Advise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had my PD current in march and got laid off at the end of march.I got a different job in a fortune 10 company but got laid of while my H1 was being transfered.I was out of status and got my H4 stamped from Mexico.It was a pain their because they asked me to get the principal H1 holder to issue an H4 and I had to go again.
        I have 1 1/2 years left on my H1B and still no job.My wife is applying for GC - labor in couple of days.Do I have time to get GC?. Can I get H1 extension for 7th year once my wife\'s GC is pending for a year.She has around 2 1/2 years of H1.I have spent lots of money on consultations with good attorney\'s but none of them have same opinion. Anyone with insight , please advise.

No Title

I don\'t know which center your wife is applying?. Best option right now for you is to get a JOB. Meanwhile your wife can start applying LC (labor cert.). If you are applying from VSC, EB2, RIR, you will be in I-485 stage within 8 months. When you apply for I485, you can apply for EAD too?. you will receive your EAD in 2 months.

In total, you can receive your EAD in 10 months and free to work for anyone. To me the best option is apply the GC for your wife and add you along with her GC. meanwhile, search for your job.

Thanks for your insight

Rajesh, thanks for your insight.I have already filed for GC with my wife\'s application at Vermont center.