Need Advise on EB2 Substitute Labor

valabor

Registered Users (C)
My company has EB2 approved labor and they are willing to use it for me. But I have Batchelor's degree with 6 years experience in US. not MS Any advise on taking EB2 substitute labor with batchelor degree?

Thanks

I saw in one of fourm that u need to have BS, 5 yr experience of after ur BS degree (not part of Degree)and before joining into the compnay who is applying for.

Using EB2 substitution may result in tighter checks!

valabor said:
My company has EB2 approved labor and they are willing to use it for me. But I have Batchelor's degree with 6 years experience in US. not MS Any advise on taking EB2 substitute labor with batchelor degree?

Thanks

I was speaking to one of the lawyers (he is nice) the other day and came to know that anyone using a EB2 labor substitution specifically with a BS + 5 years Exp may face tighter scrutiny. Since PERM is on its way in the next 2 months, HE was of the opinion that HE is rather not going to accept any applications from his clients for EB2 that are BS + 5 but only MS in the US since PERM is going to be very strict.

Due to PERM, normal paper Labor filing may also face tighter policies. Don't know..!! Better confirm with a nice and reliable lawyer.

valabor said:

Thanks
Did you have 5+ years of experience before the date of LC was filed?? If that is the case then you should be OK. One thing I have been advised by my attorney is that it is better to have a US Masters Degree when you are targeting EB2 category. Also the EB2 with Bachelors and any amount of experience is going to go thru very fine comb so be prepared for some difficult RFE's.

HTH