Need advise about I140 at Nebraska

Sunayan

I'll greately appreciate your advise, Gurus.

I'm on my 6th year of H1B. My 6 years will expire on Feb 2008. My
company applied for my I 140 in early Aug 2006 and my case is still
pending at nebraska service center. We got my labor approved in EB2 in
early June with a priority date in June 2004.

I have been working with the same company since I entered in USA, i.e
from May 2002. Company pays me 10K more than mimimum wages required for
H1B but 20k less than prevailing wages mentioned on the labor petition.My company is a samll company. Having 8 employees. Only myself is on H1B

I'm an engineering graduate from India. My educational evaluation turned
out as US equivalent of BS in engineering.I have 5 years of progressive
experience when company filed for my H1B.

I need advise on --

1) Being a small company, will there be an issue with I 140 ,for ability to pay?

2) Since we applied in Aug. 2006 and haven't heard anything yet, and my 6 years expire in Feb 2008, is it really worth to do premium processing? Or will it cause extra scrutiny of aplication and thereby will be an issue for a small company?

I'll greately appreciate your advise, Gurus.

I'm on my 6th year of H1B. My 6 years will expire on Feb 2008. My
company applied for my I 140 in early Aug 2006 and my case is still
pending at nebraska service center. We got my labor approved in EB2 in
early June with a priority date in June 2004.

I have been working with the same company since I entered in USA, i.e
from May 2002. Company pays me 10K more than mimimum wages required for
H1B but 20k less than prevailing wages mentioned on the labor petition.My company is a samll company. Having 8 employees. Only myself is on H1B

I'm an engineering graduate from India. My educational evaluation turned
out as US equivalent of BS in engineering.I have 5 years of progressive
experience when company filed for my H1B.

I need advise on --

1) Being a small company, will there be an issue with I 140 ,for ability to pay?

2) Since we applied in Aug. 2006 and haven't heard anything yet, and my 6 years expire in Feb 2008, is it really worth to do premium processing? Or will it cause extra scrutiny of aplication and thereby will be an issue for a small company?

Since you applied in august 2006, you should be getting your approval very soon. You have plenty of time before you need to file your H1B extension. Did you register on the USCIS website to get email updates on your case ? If not, you should do it so that you can see when they last touched your case.

Hay MDWatch, great to see you

Since you applied in august 2006, you should be getting your approval very soon. You have plenty of time before you need to file your H1B extension. Did you register on the USCIS website to get email updates on your case ? If not, you should do it so that you can see when they last touched your case.

Hay MDWatch,

Great to see you back in I-140 Forum after a long time, I last saw you at one of the BEC forums. Glad to see that you have already applied for I-485. That's good. Wow, did your Labor arrived that late? Where was it stuck?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hay MDWatch,

Great to see you back in I-140 Forum after a long time, I last saw you at one of the BEC forums. Glad to see that you have already applied for I-485. That's good. Wow, did your Labor arrived that late? Where was it stuck?

Thanks !

I guess my labor got stuck in the mail room at PBEC !!! What a hassle and loss of precious time !

I just applied for PP to get this thing done quickly but it still seems so slow :confused:

Thanks !

I guess my labor got stuck in the mail room at PBEC !!! What a hassle and loss of precious time !

I just applied for PP to get this thing done quickly but it still seems so slow :confused:

I think, you will get it in a couple of working days (the second LUD is encouraging).

I was just thinking,about any possibility of rejection,because of a small company.Should it happen?
Also should I do premium processing,or will it cause an extra scrutiny?

What are the other options if it gets rejected? Should I plan for it right now?