Need Advice

Ari2002

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My brother-in-law (who is a U.S. citizen) had filed for an immigration petition for my wife (his sister) a while back. But when my father-in-law became a U.S. citizen, he had also filed a separate petition for his daughter (my wife) since the whole process takes about 6/7 years compared to 10/11 years of my brother-in-laws petition.

My question is : does my brother-in-law need to withdraw his petition or the two petitions can be in the process simultaneously?

N.B. we did not take help of any lawyer while filing this petition since the whole process is simple and straight forward.

Thanks,

Ari2002

You can have as many petitions filed as you like and use the one that gets approved earlier. Once one gets approved, you need to notify the BCIS about withdrawing others (unless they do it themselves)

Thanks for your reply.

One more question, do you know which form my brother-in-law have to submit if there's a change in his mailing address?

Appreciate your help.

Info from uscis.gov site...

Applicants and petitioners for any benefits other than naturalization should file a Form AR-11 AND notify in writing the local office processing their case of any change of address. Please see Change of Address (found under Contacting Us) on your local office About Us page.

Since your brother in law is a USC, he only needs to notify the local USCIS office in writing ( no particular form)