Need Advice!

gc_for_life

Registered Users (C)
My labor certification got cleared from VA last week. I intend to apply for I 140 and I 485 .We already have my wife's application pending with BCIS. We have reached the I 485 and have the RD of 12/15/2000. and ND of 12/26/2000 - EB2.

Can we have two I 485 applications pending with BCIS. Should we have to go for medical again . Can my application replace my wife's application incase her application runs into some problem ?

First of I guess ur RD is Dec2001 and not Dec2000..!!
Being and RD of Dec2001, and 'the month' being processed by BCIS, do wait for a month or so, and see if ur wife/your application is approved...If you end up w/ some problem, I guess you can go ahead filing your I140-I485...!! Just my thought...

I guess you can file yours too irrespective of your wife's application..Not sure though..

Hope this helps...

I am almost positive that there is a good chance that you might run into problems, having two cases going simultaneously.

Please review some previous threads regarding this issue.

in the old days (when you could not file 140 and 485 together)

my lawyer advised me against applying for two different 485s (mine was already in the process, but my wife's 140 got approved much faster than anticipated). So we discontinued hers, and stuck to my application. (of course, still waiting for approval, but thats another discussion).

So, I agree with vijayrc - just a little more patience for another month or so - and then make the call...

Continue with your current application

You are not allowed to have two pending 485 applications. I am certain about this - check with your lawyer just to be sure.

gc_for_life,

Had read in Murthy chat/forum where she advices one of the applicant choose Consular Processing while one goes for AOS.

As stated by members here wait for another month or so to see if your wife's application comes through and then make a decision, but CP might be worth exploring.

Just my opinion

sgi

Thanks for all the reply.
I am also in the process of checking with my lawyer and my wife's Lawyer. Let us get two legal opinion nad proceed further.I will keep you all updated on what the Lawyers say.

Thanks again