Need Advice !!!

im9999

Registered Users (C)
I-140 AD 2/6/02 from TSC. I had indicated CP from Delhi so to make sure I called the IIO today and was told that the 140 was not approved CP !!!

What can I do now?? I really want to do CP? I waited 11 months for my approval and now TSC screws me .....

No Title

Your lawyer should call them and insist that the CP was indicated and the INS made a mistake and should fix it. This has worked for many. However, your lawyer should be ready for a few follow-ups. Good luck!

Delhi accepts AC140.

what you can do is apply for I824 and you will receive the receipt in 2 weeks and go for AC140.This will take much less time than normal CP (thru NVC) these days.Atleast you will save 1-2 months by going thru AC140.

Hope this helps.

Thaks for the advice Newdude, but ....

I am an EB#(RIR) ....will Delhi accept such a case for AC140?

Yeah, why not !

I don\'t see any reason not to accept such case.It will be a normal AC140 case.
I wish i had that luck.I also wanted to do the same thing, applying for AOS and then convert it back to CP by filing AC140.
I would highly suggest you to consult your lawyer and ask/tell him/her to do the same.

All the best.

I wish I had seen this much earlier -> I would have warned you..

I think you did the same mistake I did. My case is also initially apporved for AOS when asked for CP at NSC. Before I reaslise that I can do AC140 at Mumbai my attorney got it corrected for CP and to my disappointment for Chennai. She did not take any input from me neither I have some idea what is this AC140. Any way, the rest of the story I had to struggle with this INS -> NVC took 2months to reach. I worried for whole month in March how to get this thing done and finally doing AC140 with the corrected I-140. I think you also could have done this easily with out changing for AOS OR may be even with CP approved 140 also.