Need Advice

Terracotta

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
It's passed 90 days since my ND, so I went for Info pass at DO. IO I met said he couldnt issue iEAD bcos they hadnt finished preliminary processing at NBC. I asked about backgroungd check and fp. He said they were ok.
I dont know what to do now. Any advice will be appreciated

Ineptitude

How is it possible that your FBI and namechecks, etc, have cleared but they have not finished initial processing in order to issue your EAD within the 90-day timeline that THEY set for themselves? At the very least, call the 800 number and initiate a Case Status Inquiry, which is your right to do. I would think they would need to give you a better reason why YOUR case is not being processed in a timely manner when so many other cases are coming out of the same processing center in a more-than-timely manner. What is your District Office and did you file concurrently through the National Benefits Center/Chicago Lockbox?

Thanks for your support Just counting. I made the inquiry yesterday. Was told that I would hear from them within the next 30 days :eek: .
I really dont know whats happening :confused: DO : Los Angeles

DO is Los Angeles :confused: That is surprising, because California cases are typically going through faster than the rest of the country. What is puzzling is that if there were a question about any of the cases that seem to be languishing and "lost", a Request for Further Evidence could have been issued, but you don't even have one of those. (neither do I) Please keep us posted. It just gets curiouser and curiouser.. :rolleyes:

I think the person mean that your fingerprints are okay. Name check is other thing...and background check is wide word that means a lot of things. Normally they will tell you that things look okay that your fingerprint are okay since that is the quickest process but the front line desk at the INFOPASS I doubt that they can tell you more than that.

I think that when they mean with initial processing at NBC means that they have not process yet your case and then that means that is delay which is weird this days. Wait for another 15 days...and then go back again. Have you call the customer service number?

Good luck,

Thanks for your response. I asked specifically twice if the background check was ok, he told me when they received the results for FP AND BACKGROUND CHECK.
I cant just figure out what is wrong.
:mad:

Uhmm...LA always has been pretty fast...hang in there. Give another 15 days and see what happens. Have you check out if others in your DO have received the interview letter before their EAD?