Need Advice - Possible Layoff	ND 08/13/00 India

raysharma

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone;

I work for one of the big five firms in east cost and expecting a massive layoff next week. I feel there is a good chance that I might get laid off. I would appreciate, if you could advice me on the following options

* If REF is issued how much time do I have before I respond to INS?
* I may request the firm to keep me in the payroll without pay. What if INS requests a pay slip?
* Find a desi firm (east cost) to give me a future employment offer letter. What if INS requests a pay slip?
* Find an employer (west cost) to give me a proper employment and necessary papers. Will that affect my immigration since I have moved beyond VSC¡¦s jurisdiction?

Or

Any other options that I may not think of? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

No Title

One thing for sure, There is no restriction on the company\'s location. The problem only comes out when INS request an interview. That will goes to your resident district.

No Title

I think you may be ok with AC21 regulations. Although this is not legal advice, I would suggest to go the safe route of getting a valid job w/ the west coast firm. Seek a good lawyer, then change job using 180-day rule. Also inform INS (through lawyer of course) of new job and address. This way if called for interview or if RFE issued, you should be ok.

As long as you have a valid offer of employment (and an employment letter) with substantially the same job function, you should be ok under AC21 rules.

By the way, which big five is rumored to have layoffs?

No Title

Even if you receive a RFE within the first 180 days, you still have 84 days to respond to it. But please confirm this with a lawyer.

So goodluck !
Try to wait out the 180 days.
Pray !

No Title

I guess if you have EAD and If you are able to get any job within reasonable time that should be fine. Check for updated/current AC21 regulations with a competent lawyer.

No Title

Cap Gemini Ernest & Young cuts 2700 job WW today. I need to see if I made it the list !!!!