need advice pls

sethuganesh123

Registered Users (C)
I entered on a Q1(cultural exchange visa) and before my visa expired i changed my status to b2. Eventually my status expired and am currently in the process of adjustment of status -family based(us citizen spouse). Question is if i should apply for a 601 waiver in my case? My Q1 visa stamp didn't have any 2 year residency restrictions on it. I tried to find online,but couldn't find any useful information. If anyone could share information, it would be very helpful. thanks.

I entered on a Q1(cultural exchange visa) and before my visa expired i changed my status to b2. Eventually my status expired and am currently in the process of adjustment of status -family based(us citizen spouse). Question is if i should apply for a 601 waiver in my case? My Q1 visa stamp didn't have any 2 year residency restrictions on it. I tried to find online,but couldn't find any useful information. If anyone could share information, it would be very helpful. thanks.

You don't need to file the 601 waiver unless it is requested for you to do so. The form can be requested while in the US.