Need Advice Please!!

ianb

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys, need help as non of the official offices want to know!
OK, I am a British passport holder living and working in the UK. Myself and my wife want to BUY a property in Florida. If I buy a second home and pay my taxes etc on this house do I have any rights whatsoever and am I as a home owner in the U S allowed to work or do I have to go through the green card procedure??
Many thanks, Ian, Kent, England
PS, Was a soldier in Desert Storm if that helps.

ianb said:
Hi Guys, need help as non of the official offices want to know!
OK, I am a British passport holder living and working in the UK. Myself and my wife want to BUY a property in Florida. If I buy a second home and pay my taxes etc on this house do I have any rights whatsoever and am I as a home owner in the U S allowed to work or do I have to go through the green card procedure??
Many thanks, Ian, Kent, England
PS, Was a soldier in Desert Storm if that helps.

you need appropriate visa to enter, reside and/or work in usa.

owning a house will not help.

foreign property ownership does not get much.

Unfortunately, purchasing a home in the US does not provide anyone the justification to receive a visa. this will NOT provide any opening in the visa classifications to go the US and stay. this will NOT provide any options in the visa classifications to provide a legal opportunity to be employed in the US. Foreign born ownership of American real estate has been a reason for hiring rental managers, not reasons for the foreigner to be able to come and work... you MIGHT be able to wangle a short visitor visa every couple of years or so just to go look at your property... however, the US Embassy might also use that as a reason to refuse to issue the visitor visa, since this increases your US ties.
You might wish to go on some of the internet job websites, post your resume and find an employer who's willing to bring you in as an employee... it is just a matter of matching your job skills with an employer who has already finished the company's visa petition.

Please Help

My son who is a US citizen has filed I 130 for myself as mother and it is already approved by INS. He has shown my date of birth as per Passport record.

Now on approaching the Registrar of Births in my birthplace it is noticed that my date of birth registered with them does not coincide with that shown in the school certificate and passport. Do Birth Certificate will be issued accordingly.

I would like to know whether it is possible to inform the INS to correct the date of birth as per the birth certifiicate, as and when the same is received.

Awaiting early reply.