Need advice on this Nebraska I140 & I485 Delay...

alex2d2

Registered Users (C)
My gf applied for employment based I485 (she's an RN) and the case was originally submitted with a receipt date of December 17th, 2005. She got her biometrics done in January. Since then all we heard is that at the end of May the case was transferred from VSC to Nebraska. We've been constantly checking online and both I140 and I485 say that "On May XX, 2006, your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received here for processing" and similarly for the I485. We are confused about the date, which date should we consider our case on, the original December filling or the May date when it was transferred? And if it's really the December date, then it really doesn't seem normal since I have read (on this forum and others) that I140 gets approved within a week or two...

The Hospital hired lawyer says that they are erratic with their case schedule and he isn't being much help right now. Should we contact USCIS directly over the phone about this matter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Long wait

I call USCIS today and they told me that my application date will be my transfer date from Vermont. they said that they can do nothing about it.

Application date 5th of Dec 2005
Transfer date 8th of May 2006 :(