Need advice on NAPLEX

hania

Registered Users (C)
I have passed my FPGEE, TOEFL, TSE, and got ATT for taking NAPLEX and MPJE. I've heard that it's very difficult for foreign pharmacists to pass NAPLEX. Can anyone who has passed NAPLEX and MPJE please advice on how to study for these two. Any recomended books etc. I am taking the tests in TEXAS.

advice

Dear Hania, At the ProntoPass.com website there is a button on the left that talks about Naplex Study Options. Books and Review Courses are discussed. I believe that the ProntoPass Naplex Review and the Math Practice are the best available. You are invited to review them on our website. Upon review, please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. Good luck in your studies. CEB

i have not done Naplex but i know of people who have and its really not all that bad. if you got FPGEE and all you are fine.

by some are the Shargel ...comprehensive pharmacy reviews...its a extremely clinical based exam so the more cases you do the better it would be.
thats all I know. if you have any other questions i would ask them about it.

good luck with your exam
ash

Thank you so very much for your reply guys. I already have all the books listed on ProntoPass.com.
Satheeya I passed FPGEE about a year back. a friend of mine who passed it with me making very good points failed NAPLEX in his first attempt. So I am just a little scared now.
I really need some good luck,
thanks,
hania

Hi, hania. If you can give me advice about books you were studing for FPGEC test. I know Cody notes, what else is good? Thanks a bunch.

For FPGEE study I mostly used:
- Pharmacology 2nd edition by Mary J. Mycek, Richard A. Harvey and Pamela S. Champe. ISBN is 0-7817-2413-9
-Comprehensive pharmacy review by Leon Shargel, Alan H. Mutnick, Paul F. Souney and Larry N. Swanson. ISBN is 0-7817-2147-4
-For the management part use "Remington's Pharmaceutical sciences".

fpgee

hi hania
good luck for naplex
i am wondering for fpgee exam.is it difficult to go through as i got some hard reviews abt that exam.
kindly help
pujitha.

hania said:
For FPGEE study I mostly used:
- Pharmacology 2nd edition by Mary J. Mycek, Richard A. Harvey and Pamela S. Champe. ISBN is 0-7817-2413-9
-Comprehensive pharmacy review by Leon Shargel, Alan H. Mutnick, Paul F. Souney and Larry N. Swanson. ISBN is 0-7817-2147-4

Fpgee

HI Satheeya
great to hear abt your replys
i am planning for fpgee,i heard hard reviews abt the exam,is it that difficult to go on.suggest some tips for prepation and also books for reference.
pujitha.

satheeya said:
i have not done Naplex but i know of people who have and its really not all that bad. if you got FPGEE and all you are fine.

by some are the Shargel ...comprehensive pharmacy reviews...its a extremely clinical based exam so the more cases you do the better it would be.
thats all I know. if you have any other questions i would ask them about it.

good luck with your exam
ash

Hi Pujitha,
I used the following books for FPGE:
-Pharmacology 2nd edition by Mary J. Mycek, Richard A. Harvey and Pamela S. Champe. ISBN is 0-7817-2413-9
I studied for about 3 months for FPGE and while doing that I was attending taking full time courses here because I was on F1 and I was working on campus also. So considering all that, FPGEE is not too difficult. TOEFL is not difficult either. I made 50 on TSE in the second try. Now I am studying for NAPLEX.
I wish you all the best for your FPGEE :)

fpgee

Thanks hania for ur reply.
i am looking for an oppurtunity in cvs and rite aid pharmacy as i have work permit.do u think it will be helpful for my intern hrs for fpgee.
can u plz give me some resume formats of pharmacy,they r quite different from that of India.
thanks once agn for ur encouragement.

hania said:
Hi Pujitha,
I used the following books for FPGE:
-Pharmacology 2nd edition by Mary J. Mycek, Richard A. Harvey and Pamela S. Champe. ISBN is 0-7817-2413-9
I studied for about 3 months for FPGE and while doing that I was attending taking full time courses here because I was on F1 and I was working on campus also. So considering all that, FPGEE is not too difficult. TOEFL is not difficult either. I made 50 on TSE in the second try. Now I am studying for NAPLEX.
I wish you all the best for your FPGEE :)

Pujitha,
I've heard that internship is helpful for passing NAPLEX but I don't think it really effects your FPGE score. I haven't started my internship yet because I want to get done with NAPLEX and MPJE before I start looking for one. I am in Texas and it's pretty tough to find an internship here only with FPGE certificate. So i'm sorry.... can't help you with your resume cuz I dont even have mine yet :)