need advice on how to get fast IRS transcripts

edh

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
We have gotten our interview in 2 weeks from now. We have received the notice 3 weeks ago, and have requested transcripts using the form 4506-T.
However, we have gotten only 2004 for me and 2003&2002 for my husband.
Anybody knows how to find where is the closest office of IRS where we could walk in and just obtain transcripts on the spot?
edh
PS- We live in Boston but the local office told my husband that they do not do this service any more, and as far as they know nobody else does this. However, I read somewher in this forum that people were able to get transcripts in some IRS offices.

edh said:
Hi,
We have gotten our interview in 2 weeks from now. We have received the notice 3 weeks ago, and have requested transcripts using the form 4506-T.
Anybody knows how to find where is the closest office of IRS where we could walk in and just obtain transcripts on the spot?
edh
PS- We live in Boston but the local office told my husband that they do not do this service any more, and as far as they know nobody else does this. However, I read somewher in this forum that people were able to get transcripts in some IRS offices.

Look here.
http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html

You will get the transcripts in 7-10 business days. They only send it to the address on the tax return, so you might want to double check with them if you have moved after you got married.

Also, I think they fax it to you if you can provide some form of identification over the phone. You may want to call them up and check if they can fax. That would be the fastest option.

LucyMO said:
I requested mine well over 10 days ago, and still didn't get them.

Hi LucyMO,
I got mine in 8 business days. It says a two week delivery time on their site, so you must be getting yours anytime soon then.

-me

that's good. I do have time, it's not that urgent, plus we actually have all the 1040 copies just in case.

The office in Trenton, New Jersey will fax it to you right away. They will talk to you over the phone and fax it then, and ask if you received it, and probably ask for some number on it to make sure you got it. Essentially, they require you to be next to a fax machine physically.

In case we don't get the ones they did not send, are the copies of 1040 plus original copy of w-2 satisfactroy evidence?
EDH

edh said:
In case we don't get the ones they did not send, are the copies of 1040 plus original copy of w-2 satisfactroy evidence?
EDH

You could take copies of your federal returns and also your W2's.

I got within 5 days

edh said:
Hi,
edh

Samething happened, when I used 4506-T form to get for 3 years. So, I tried there automated phone system. Its so smart & simple & you will get all years you request in a separate envelope within a week or so.

The request for Form w-2

I lost my 1997 W-2 form and would like to order a copy of my W-2 from IRS by filling in form 4506-T. I live in California. I am confused by the question #6 on form 4506-T and where I shall mail it. On the form, it asks to Enter the Return Number and Check the Box Below. Does it mean to enter how many copies I need? I know that I need to check box “ e” to receive a copy of form w-2, but should I send the request to address under chart for individual transcripts (Form 1040 series) or chart for all other transcripts.

Thanks