Need advice on best way to proceed - UK & US passports for me and daughter.

Nightkd

Registered Users (C)
I am a British Citizen, I have a GC and reside in the US. My husband is a USC.

My daughter was born in 2010 in the US and now I need to apply for passports for her.

My British passport still has my maiden name in it, my GC has my married name & my name is obviously required on the documents for my daughter's passports (UK & US).

I may need to travel at short notice, as my grandfather (in the UK) is very unwell.

Would I have any problems getting my daughter into the UK on a US passport (assuming I leave my maiden name in my passport for the moment and get her a US passport)? Would it effect any application for a UK passport for my daughter (also could I make the application in the UK, while I'm there?) once we have traveled?

In summary...I'm not really sure how to proceed; wondering if my maiden name being in my passport but married name on everything else will be a problem, wondering if there are going to be issues registering my daughter as a British Citizen (applying for a UK passport) once we have traveled with her on a US passport & wondering if I'm going to have any issues getting into the UK with just a US passport for my daughter (will I require a visa for her or something?).

Okay. So this is as far as I've worked...

If I just apply for an American passport for DD at a walk-in; how long should I expect the passport to take (I know it can be same day, but I'm wondering if it will take longer as it is her first passport).

Will I need a visa to get her into the UK?