Need Advice filed I-130, EAD and I-485

tina2006

I think that there is a civil action case open against me for 2 credit cards. How do I handle this and will this hurt my chances of a GC thru marriage USC? Thanks :eek:

I don't think it should matter for GC purposes. I'm not sure if you should check 'yes' or 'no' on the I-485 page 3, question 1b; however, I bet someone on this forum would know that part (the collective knowledge here never ceases to amaze me). I would definitely make sure that you keep thorough notes & records of all filings and other matter relating to your civil action case. You will more than likely need to bring this to your eventual I-485 interview and it's always better to be safe than sorry. Best of luck!

tina2006 said:
I think that there is a civil action case open against me for 2 credit cards. How do I handle this and will this hurt my chances of a GC thru marriage USC? Thanks :eek:

Only criminal charges will affect your GC case. As this is a civil case, I don't think USCIS will care.

i had a civil case as well before my AOS. But thats not considered a criminal case.
Just in case bring docs to the interview. Doubt they'll ask you thou