Need advice about transferring to California for job

rs20021

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I485: RD 12/21/2001 ND : 12/21/2001
EB2
Case is currently with NSC. pending fingerprints done...awaiting RFE which I know will come....Currently on EAD and moved to another job on the portability law
My fiancee got a job in California... We plan to move there soon... My question is will the case get transferred to CSC, because I am going to move there with a new job also(same field / job decsription etc)...
If so I am assuming a lot of delays in processing... Or will it stay with NSC and all I need to do is AR-11 for address change and when the time comes for interview, the local INS office will be contacted

I need a reply soon
thank you

transfer of job

My fiancee has got the job... I am still looking for offers... Well the plan is to take any job offer that comes through in california... So I will be quitting my current job... My current job is also not the original job that I did the 485 filing with.... I got laid off from my first job and got this 2nd firm in IL...The plan is to move to California... subsequently making it my 3rd job.....Ofcourse I will be making sure the new position is similar in job description duties ets... It ia already 1 year since my 485 filing.....
I was hoping the transfer would just mean like a local transfer for the final interiew and NSC will still carry on processing the case... However, if I send them a AR-11 with the new address , I am not sure what they will do

thanks

AR-11 does not go to the service center, it goes to a central address, formerly washington dc, now in kentucky (available on www.immigration.gov).

you will need to inform NSC separately of your change of address, either by mail or phone, preferably both. if you are also planning to notify them of your intention to use AC-21 to change your job, that needs to be sent in in writing.

transfer job to california

thanks pok chop for the replies...

But can you clarify that if I do change jobs and end up in California, will NSC transfer the case to CSC or will they still keep processing it....I don't think I want to notify them of change in jobs until they RFE me....So I will definitely be sending change of address letters to the main BCIS offcie and NSC office... But I am kinda not sure I shoudl inform them of the job change

thank you in advance for your reply

one's case file does not usually get transferred from service center to service center, though there is a possibility that might get transferred to a local office (not a strong probability, just a possibility). if you send NSC a change of address notification with your new address out of their service area, you will definitely get an employment-related RFE; but since NSC is issuing employment verification RFEs these days to almost everyone anyway, you will not be saving yourself any bother by not informing them of your change of employment right now.

while change of employment under AC-21 is not proving to be risky, i would still recommend that you run it by your attorney.

good luck!