Need ‘certified true copy’ of my Naturalization Certificate. Help!

sheppard1977

Registered Users (C)
I am Dutch and recently became an American citizen. The Netherlands allows me to keep my Dutch citizenship since I am married to a person who possesses the nationality I acquired. I now would like to apply for a Statement of Confirmation with the Dutch government. This process is described here:

http://www.netherlands-embassy.org/article.asp?articleref=AR00001778EN

One of the things I need is a so-called ‘certified true copy’ of my Naturalization Certificate. Please refer to the “INSTRUCTIONS AUTHENTICATION OF NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATES” on the webpage above. The page directs me to the USCIS website where it tells me about making an appointment (InfoPass) with my local USCIS office (Anchorage, Alaska), which I did.

I just went there this morning with my original Naturalization Certificate and a copy, plus my ID and made sure I used the term ‘certified true copy’ (as the USCIS website tells me!) to tell them what I needed. The USCIS officer had no clue at all what I was talking about and I left the office stunned! I am now doing my homework to go back early next week and get this sorted out. Are some of these folks incompetent?

Any input? Same experiences? Do I do something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Do I do something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

You didn't do nothing wrong. You should print USCIS page "How Do I Obtain Certified True Copies" off the site and show it to IO. If he still doesn't know what to do - his supervisor should know how to issue Certified True Copy.

Thanks marco2009! I started to wonder about this. I'll try it again next week and will print the webpage.

Hope this time you will not have problems. Let us know who it goes. I am curious about it and would like to get one as well – just as backup copy.

I wonder if you can use this cheaper solution.

Make a Photo copy and get it Notarized as "It is true copy". I have done it for univeersity trancripts.. and it worked.

Hmm, as a German dual citizen I needed to provide a copy of the natz to my Government. I scanned it and e-mailed it and they were happy :)

I would consider that a "true copy", even with all the colors