Nebraska Service Center

utboy said:
When I got home I received an Interview appointment letter. My appointment is on the first week of November. I am so excited to have my case moving faster than I expected.
That was fast your case. You are guys are lucky for haning NCS.
I have VCS, my PD 07/25/05, no interview yet. DO : DC/Northern VA

utboy said:
I checked the status of my N-400 case this morning and got this message. “The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center”. I am not sure what is happening whether my case is making some progress or it is lost and I should be prepared for a very long wait.

utboy: I dont think you really need to worry. Till the last day (oath) I got the same message. I guess there is a glitch in the system that interfaces with web. so this message is pretty unreliable.

Oath Next Week

Last week I had my naturalization Interview. Everything went very well and the interviewing Officer was the best (very professional and friendly).

After arriving for my interview half an hour before my interview, I placed the appointment letter in the box and waited for about half an hour. He came out and called my name. We walked his office, and before I sat down I swore to tell the truth and nothing but the truth……the usual stuff.

He already had my file on his table and grabbed the N-400 I filed and started verifying my name, address and asking the very same questions that are in N-400. After verifying all the questions in N-400, he had me sign the front of my pictures, and sign the N-400 – the part that you are supposed to sign in front of an immigration official.

After all that he started asking me the test questions of which I passed all six and he congratulated me, printed and handed me form N-652 (Naturalization Interview Results) with – (1). You passed the tests of English and US history and government, and (2) Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. - Boxes checked. I was very excited and felt like jumping up and down but I kept my composure with a little bit of excitement.

After that he told me that I should be receiving an oath invitation letter in a few days for the December 1st ceremony. He asked me whether I had any question for him. I asked him when and where the ceremony was and he gave me the information. On Monday November 21st, I received Form N-445 – Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony for December 1st ceremony. I was and still am very excited. I could not ask for better timing than this.

Overall, the process has been fairly quick and smooth (4 months only). The USCIS has been more than fair to me, and the interviewing officer was the best. I am very excited about the entire experience and how fast everything has been going. Good luck to all of you.

My Timeline:
Application Mailed Last Week of July, 2005
Priority Date: August 01, 2005
Fingerprinting Notice Date: August 19, 2005
Fingerprinting Date: August 27, 2005
Interview Notice Date: September 13, 2005
Interview Date: November 15, 2005
Oath Date: December 01, 2005 @ 9:00 am

Finally I am a Citizen

Finally my immigration journey has ended. I am now a Citizen of the USA (One of the greatest country in the world).

The Naturalization ceremony was held in downtown Salt Lake City at 10:00 am. I checked in at about 8:00 am where we were given a packet that included welcome letter from the President, a booklet that has a constitution, amendments, and other materials.

The ceremony started with watching the “Faces of America” video presentation, and then we sang the national anthem. After that there was a patriotic speech from the Daughters of American revolution and then we took the Oath of Citizenship. After the oath, the Federal judge gave the New Citizen remarks. Then we watched the welcome message (video) from President Bush. After all that a few people (New Citizens) gave a couple of remarks on how happy they were on this day and eventually we were given our Certificates of Citizenship.

I left downtown and went to my office and made some copies of my Naturalization Certificate and then went to the Post Office where I applied for a Passport ($ 97.00) Regular service which could take up to six weeks.

I am so excited and extremely happy on the privilege of becoming a US citizen.

Overall, the process has been fairly quick and smooth (4 months only). The USCIS has been more than fair to me.

My Timeline:
Application Mailed Last Week of July, 2005
Priority Date: August 01, 2005
Fingerprinting Notice Date: August 19, 2005
Fingerprinting Date: August 27, 2005
Interview Notice Date: September 13, 2005
Interview Date: November 15, 2005
Oath Date: December 01, 2005 @ 9:00 am
Passport Applied: December 1, 2005