Nebraska N400 Timeline

That happens with mine too. That is the way it has been for a while. I think the system is down...or not working at all.

Interview letter on your way!

pdev, sehaider:
It is common that happens. The sign is that the interview letter is printed
and on your way home! Mine disappeared and got the ID set and I have seen
people saying that in here.. Check NSC/Denver board.
Good luck.

I got Interview Letter. What kind of documents I need for interview besides mentioned in interview letter?
I submitted N-400 Application with check only, no supporting documents what so ever, even photos.

PD: 3/7/06
ND: 3/14/06
FP: Notice Mailed 4/28
FP: Notice Recvd. 5/3
FP: Date 5/5, was out of town, so asked for reschedule
FP: reschedule date 7/29
FP: Completed 5/13. walk-in, no appointment at Detroit ASC Saturday 5/13
ID: 7/18

It is finally over.....

I had my interview today and needless to say that i passed the test. The best part is my oath date is next friday Jun 09. I came to US in Aug 91 and it took 15 yrs to get my Citizenship. Anyway, here is some info i would like to share with you.

1. Wife's Name: was mispelled on I797. We sent a letter to NSC and then went to FP at Cincy DO. She told the officer that her name was spelt wrong .....he said no prob and fixed it. But when she got the Interview letter it was still mispelt. So we called the 800 # a couple of times. Each time they gave a diff answer....one time they asked her to take infopass and see the officer. We took a chance and she just showed up for the Interview. The name was correct on the Local DO's computer.

So, it looks like the Interview letter comes from NSC. The computers at NSC and Local DO do not sync. :p

2. I had 2 simple speeding tickets, which i had mentioned in my N-400 form. The officer asked for the proof which i had. Then she asked for my 2005 Tax returns. After that she said she would make a photocopy of these docs. I simply told her to keep it. I care less about my Traffic tickets at this point and Tax returns....I just can print it off my computer. At the same time my wife had one speeding ticket and she wasn't asked anything.

So, I would highly suggest this. If you have already mentioned about your Traffic Tickets then please get the documentation. Better be safe than sorry. There has been a lot of talk about this.....and I don't want to open the same can of worms again. :D

And Best of Luck for all USC aspirants......your day will come sooner or later.

Detroit Timeline

N-400 Mailed - 1/6
PD - 1/10
NOA dated 1/18 - Received 1/20
FP Noticed date 2/24 received 3/3
FP Done 3/21
Interview letter received 4/2
Interview -6/5 No problems, smooth, no papers een, even PP, GC and Drivers Licence, I kept on table, she did not touch.. Just repeating stetements in form, test and out in 10 minutes. Very pleasant lady.

Now waiting for Oath

Detroit Timeline

N-400 Mailed - 1/6
PD - 1/10
NOA dated 1/18 - Received 1/20
FP Noticed date 2/24 received 3/3
FP Done 3/21
Interview letter received 4/2
Interview -6/5 No problems, smooth, no papers een, even PP, GC and Drivers Licence, I kept on table, she did not touch.. Just repeating stetements in form, test and out in 10 minutes. Very pleasant lady.

Now waiting for Oath

Successful Interview !!!

I completed my interview today successfully. The interviewing officer was very nice. She basically went through my application and asked the same questions already in the form. She asked me 6 questions and asked me to read and write a simple sentence. That's it.

Gave me the approval form and said that the oath letter will be mailed ia few days.

Good luck to everyone in this forum. Will update the forum after I get my oath letter

Thanks

Took oath yesterday. Althought i was expecting that it would take more time, it took about 1.5 hrs for the whole process. Came out, had lunch, went to the post office and applied for the Passport. Now I have to

Get the Passport...
Get the PIO card....
and off to India......for good.

Good Luck......Y'All.

AS of 1 PM yesterday, I am a US citizen, applied for passport thru expedited process.

Applied : dec 17
Oath : Jun 13.

Traveled between Interview and Oath

Hi,
I was out of the country after the interview till about 2 days before Oath.
I still meet the residency and duration of stay requirements.
When I answer yes to the question on page 2 of Oath letter that I have traveld, how is that going to impact my oath?
If some one can help me please?
Nakoo

Des Moines Timeline

I have not seen many Des Moines timeline. Guys if you are around please share your experiences. By the way, here is my timeline in signature.

Seattle DO Interview

A few things during the interview:

1) The officer did not ask for anything else other than the requested documents on the interview notice ( passport, green card, selective service letter, notice letter itself) except driver license.

2) The officer did verify and re-calculated the out-of-country days.

3) 10 of 100 history and civil questions had been asked. Fairly simply.

4) English reading and writing test is very simple. But you might find a little problem of understanding if the officer has the heavy accent ( like the one interviewed me).

5) Keep smiling !!! Make the interview process as fun as possible. A smiling person is always welcomed.

NSC - Seattle DO
PD Mar 8
FP May 5
ID July 10
Oath July 11

Congratulations on completing your interview successfully. :) You have taken just a little over 4 months for the process. Please post your oath ceremony experience.

online status disappear does not mean the interview letter

Online status disappear only means your case had been transfered from the service center to local district office.

since 80% of the applicants get their backgroup check cleared quickly and being notified to interview, it make it look like online status disappear leads to the interview letter ( well, eventually will leads to the interview letter anyway). But the rest of 20% of applicants won't be able to receive the interview letter soon after their online status disaapeared.

I got my interview letter 1 week after my Online status disappeared.
But it has been 2 monthes since my wife's Online status disappeared but yet she didn't receive any notice.

Hi there!

I think this depends on the DO and whether they adhere to the USCIS memo of 4/26/06 regarding interview appointments. Theoretically, they should not call you in if your case is not fully complete to be adjudicated.

In my case, though they are supposed to periodically review pending cases, I was called for my interview on June 20th; when it fact, it should have been descheduled.

Cheers!

Legal

Oath Experience

Well, like all other government events, the whole process was lengthy, inefficient and boring.

But no one was complainting. Had been waiting for years, no one would care another few minutes.

Actually the president's speech (on DVD) was very good and touching ( he must have been praticed a lot of times).

Anyway, a long journy had come to an end for me. After all, I really love this country and appreciate the opportunities it presented to me.

God Bless America and Good Luck to all of you !

NSC - Seattle DO
PD Mar 8
FP May 5
ID July 10
Oath July 11