Nebraska 485 movement

sjsd

Registered Users (C)
There has been movement in the 485 from Sept to Dec 2006. So all those who filed in Sept 2006 should get approvals now. Is anyone in the EB1 category waiting for the 485 approval with processing dates around that time.

Did you find about the NC clearance. I read in the forums that one can call up also to find out instead of the infopass.

485 FD 09/26/06
RD: 10/26/06
rfe 08/21/2007
LUD 09/12/, 09/13
AD::confused:

I couldn't find I-140 processing times for TSC. It was mentioned as 6 months last month (should be March 2007 now), but NSC date for EB1-EA is October 2006, a diiference of six months between TSC and NSC. weird?

Yes

EB1 OR
Concurrently filed Nov 24 '06
I-140 Approved May 24 '07
I-485 pending NC clearance since Jan 7 '07 - according to customer service and/or I/O Officer (POJ method)

Immipassion,
Did you call up Nebraska service center to get info on NC. When did they give you this info.
I was also wondering if there is a gender issue for NC also.

sjsd,

I think you should get your approval soon. Because, they have already finished october applicants. And you also saw LUD's on your I-485.

Good Luck to you.

Pending

Because, they have already finished october applicants

Hmm... Not necessarily. Mine has been pending since Oct. 2006 (EB1-OR; NSC; 140 approved Apr. 07; non-premium) with no LUDs after initial receipt!!! So, it appears that they have not touched my file.

Couple of times I was told "security check pending"... Not sure whether that is the reason or an excuse.

Thanks rkottani,
I think so also as its past my processing dates, Sep2006. I am planning to travel in October so was really keeping my fingers crossed.

If its in NC, then its hard. Can one call up to find the NC clearance

What about concurrent cases which were filed in Oct 2006? Which processing date applies here? That of the I140 (August 3 2006) or of the I485 (December 21 2006)?! If it is of the I485, then I may do an infopass to inquire about my case.

JerIst,
Its the 485 that was Sept 2006 and now they are processing Dec21st ,2006, 485. As I had LUDs on my 485 last week, I wonder whats happening. I was thinking of waiting this week... and if nothing happens doing an infopass lest they get mad at me for not being patient after the recent LUDs.

All 485 sept/Oct and Nov filers should see approvals if this is the case. And if its says Dec 21st then it means all cases till 21st Dec have been cleared. Then Arorma_Kills should have been approved also.

I am not sure what USCIS is really doing. For example, my I140 has not yet been approved. It is an EB2-NIW that was submitted in Oct 2006 concurrently with a I-485. Not sure what is applicable to my case now. It is confusing. I think the December 21 2006 processing date is concerned with approved I140s, and those not pending any name check!:(

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, i remember someone once mentioned that if the 485 processing date comes first, but 140 is not yet approved, they will shelve the 485 until the 140 is approved...but you never know with uscis...

sjsd,
I had called the POJ (what does it mean?) number mentioned in many posts on this and other forums. I was told about pending NC very first time, but I called in 2 more time to confirm since oftentimes I have been told the info provided by customer service representatives is not very reliable. Second time the lady was not willing to share any info but on persisting to just confirm, she did. Third time my wife called first and was informed that her check has been cleared and then I came on line and was informed that it is pending for me :mad: But, at least the guy was nice to tell me it was submitted to FBI on Jan 7, 4 days after the ND on my I-485.

immipassion,
Do you have the number, I have not come across that. Yes the I 140 has to be cleared before they touch the 485.. they will do the FP etc though.

For what its worth, here it is:

The call sequence to reach an IO or representative at the Service Center:
1-800-375-5283
Press the following in the order given below
1-2-2-6-1
it will ask for Lin #, following Lin # press 1
listen to all the automated messages -
then press option 3
when the message gives you more options, and then immediately press 4.

I called the NSC 1800 number and the lady told me what written in my LUD. I asked about NC and she said she did not know call FBI.

1 week after the LUD so nothing up, now Ill wait for the 2 week period and then maybe try infopass.

Two days ago I called TSC to see if I can get any update on my pending I-485. The guy was real nice and asked me how my day is going and weather is like....anyway, after that he said: bad news your NC is still pending and call back next month. He didn't want to give update on my spouse's NC noting security reasons. I don't know whether to belive all this or not but we have no other options. do we?