NDOCT99 ,destiny101 ,ASC, ACE, G Rose, Destiny123, GCWorking and all who got transferred to Arlingto

shrini100

Registered Users (C)
Hello folks,

My case also got transferred to Arlington VA on May 31st.
I have posted my details in another thread ss72us "After RFE, Transferred to Arlington Office, Does any body have Phone no?" 6/8/01 1:05pm

Please post how you guys are handled/ still fighting this situation and any update/phone no. about Arlington INS.
Also post which attoney might be good one to take for interivew as I\'m planning on changing my current Lawyer.

Thanks,
shrini100.

No Title

I haven\'t been transferred, and hopefully won\'t be, but I dealt with Arlington INS before and my friend had a case there. There is no number to call. If you want to inquire, you can wright them, but the best thing to do is to get up very early and go there. You\'ll have to stand in line, then get a number and go and see the information officer. If you get there by 6 am or so, you can probably get out by noon or even eleven. Good luck!

No Title

RD/ND Oct 99
Transfer to Arlington: May 8th,01

Nothing, no news from Arlington.

Rose g

No Title

My case got transferred to arlington on 6/12. Don\'t know what to do ando and how long one has to wait. Saw on some other sites that writing to your local congressman might help. Talked to IIO and asked for reason for transfer, but she said she didn\'t know. The only reason I can think of is that my wife has filed I-485 with Texas and then filed with me with Vermont. We never withdrawn the Texan casecause lawyer said it is OK. Haven\'t received tranfer notice yet. Hope that might state a reason. Have been waiting since 1997.

No Title

Did any of you folks visit Arlington office to enquire about your transfer case?
Please update if you have any update on how many days/months we may need to wait.
I\'ve not been there yet to enquire. Probably will go sometime next week.

Thanks,
- shrini100

No Title

Shrini100,

How long it takes to receive your transfer notice? I haven\'t received mine. I talked to IIO who said it was transferred on 6/12. What did it say on it? I have been to Arlington INS before, you have to be there before 7:30am to be sure to get a ticket to talk to an officer. After 7:30, ticket is not guranteed.

No Title

Hi VAwaiting,

I\'ve also been there to Arlington office earlier.
Date on my transfer notice says as 31st May 01. I got the letter in the first week of June.
My AVM still says, Response to your RFE recived on ... blah.... blah...

You might get it soon.

Thanks,
shrini100.

No Title

Shrini100,

10 days have passed since they transferred my case, and I still haven\'t received it in mail. Maybe they sent it to attorney. But the AVM message did change saying my case transferred to Washington ( Is it same as Arlington?) and gave a number of 202-307-1501. The number was disconnected. Also the message said local office will take several months to arrange an interview. Depressing. Is it the same message you got on AVM and what did they say in mail? Did they give an address of where your case has been transferred? Have you heard anything new?

Thanks,

VA waiting

No Title

Hi VAwaiting,

I think Washington office implies Arlington!!
I directly received transfer letter from VSC, expected approval though! My lawyer didn\'t get this info at all!
But my transfer letter clearly says as Arlington and gives the address. I\'ve also given 202 no. which doesn\'t work.
My AVM still not changed.
I haven\'t had time to visit Arlington office yet becuase of work pressure. Probaly some time next week, I\'ll go to Arlington office and update.

By the way, I\'m planning to change lawyer. How\'s your lawyer? Do you know any lawyers best in the area?

Thanks,
shrini100.

No Title

Shrini100:

My case(EB-2,NIW,PD Jan 98,ND July 99,First FP July 00,RFE Nov 00, Second FP Feb 01)was transferred in December 2000 and the interview was on 1st May 01. Case approved (asked questions in regards to the FIELD as I changed jobs after applying for I-485, but stayed in the same field though)and pp stamped on the same day.

Well, it certainly takes 3-6 months (for destiny101 and my self it took 5 months, but for somebody (don\'t remember the username) else it took 3 months) to get the interview call. I did stand in the line 3 times and got the same response evertime: that it takes 20 months from the day you file for I-485, actually it is written on the board outside. I contacted local congressman and have written to District Director too.

Any ways, please search for destiny101\'s message for the interview material. We took a lawyer with us, but of not great use. If your\'s is an NIW petition, I recommend one of Ms. Sheela Murthy\'s associate (charge between 500-600). I wish you the best.

No Title

Hi, Shrini100,

I have to keep my company lawyer but he said will come with me for interview. For area good lawyer, why don\'t you try Rajiv Khanna? My lawyer said I have to wait at least 3 months, and after that, they may go for inquiry. You can try to write to your local congressman, or commissioner of INS in Arlington, that is the idea I got from surfing. I will definitely do that after a month.
Question for you: is the address for Arlington on your transfer notice same as the one for district Arlington INS on 4420 Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA 22203. Did you try to contact the guys who got tranferral notice several months before on this site? I remember one got transferred in March and one already got interview notice for him, but his wife was in India, so they missed the interview. Haven\'t heard from those two guys.

Good luck

VA waiting

No Title

Hi ASC ans VAWaiting,

Thanks for your responses.

This week I\'m planning to go to Arlington to enquire about my case.
My AVM has change to "Case has been transferred to Washginton Office on...."

I\'m trying to contact Rajiv Khanna, but I guess he is very busy because all the Date have become current.. I\'m not getting appointment.
I\'ll keep posted.

Thanks,
shrini100.

No Title

Hi Rose Gt,

Did you visit Arlington office? or have any updates?
I haven\'t been able to go there so far.

Thanks,
shrini100.

No Title

eb3/india,rir,pd=oct/98,fp done at Alexandria ,va.Rfe for emp letter,local transfer date may/30/01
no interview calls yet
checked with my lawyer(WAS AN INS AUTHORISED ATORNEY,from Arlington,va.)unfortunately he has stopped practising immigration law , he says its normal to get local transfer not to worry

No Title

Hi iexp,

Are you planning to take attorney for the interview?
If your attorney is not practicing immigration law, whom you\'re planning to take?
If you know how to find an attorney is INS authorised, let me know. I\'m planning to change attorney.

Thanks,
shrini100.

No Title

ins offices have a list of authorised immigration lawyers you should check with your local ins office,few years back one of my friends
gave me the list from which i chose this lawyer from Arlington, va, you can still request him his web site is www.dcimmigration.com,his name is Sean a rawin,he goes by the book,last time i spoke to him he said that he stopped taking new clients(immigration) but will help his old clients incase we need him.
none of his clients get rejected, because he follows the paperwork as per the immigration laws ,no deviation, he will warn you in advance wheather he can do it or not .
good luck i will update you when my interview comes

No Title

Any progress in any of the cases. Why don\'t we write to the senator with all of us transferees signing on it. Maybe that may work. Mine is such a straight forward case and it almost 511 days since the ND and still there is no news from them. They had mentioned in the transfer notice dated May 30,2001 that we would hear from the office within 4 to 6 weeks but still no news. Any input is welcome

Anxious

No Title

Arlington office has sent interview notice to my lawyer and the date is 16th July. I came to know this only yesterday!!
Looks like it\'s moving faster!!
I will keep you folks updated.

Thanks,
shrini100.