ND- Oct99 case approved - Goofie

goofie_bunny

Registered Users (C)
Finally, after seeing so many approval for Nov,Dec,Jan,Feb and March, my case has been approved as per AVM on May 1. I don\'t know some lucky guys got approval within 2 days after their RFE was received by INS but mine took two complete weeks after RFE response received was updated on AVM (Apr 18). Probably, the officer was on vacation.

I wish all of you who are waiting a VERY GOOD LUCK. I have been an active member on this for almost 2 years and this board has been a great help.

My passport expires in December. Will that be OK for stamping ???. Can someone answer this question for me please ???

RD - Sep99, ND-Oct 1, 99, EB-2 (India current), RFE for emp-letter , response received by INS on Apr 18 2001, Approval - May 1, 2001,
EAC-00-001-XXXXXX.

Thanks
Goofie.

No Title

Passport expiring in Dec should be OK. Actually Indian passports are considered to be valid ** even after 6 months after the actual expiry date ** This is due to some treaty between India and US.
Fine.. go with it. Dont risk sending your passport to Indian Consulate in Mail **right now**
Congratulations.. good for you.

No Title

I am not sure whether it is minimum 6 months or 1 year validity needed. But that is not a problem. In such case, Your passport will not be stamped, but a separate document (like advance parole will be given) with Permanent Resident status stamping. You need to carry this paper also along with the passport, till you get your plastic card.

No Title

Glad to know you finally got ur approval.I\'m still waiting for my RFE response,which was supposedly mailed on 4/17, to be recvd by VSC.