ND Oct 99 - Vague message about RFE on AVM - Help

happyboss

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I\'m EB2, India, PD 12/98 & ND 10/27/99.
FP done 3/7, rejected, redone 3/21, cleared.
RFE was issued for employemt letter on 3/29/01.
RFE was responded on 4/6/01.

I called up Vermont last night & AVM said something like this
"As of 4/13/01 we\'ve received your RFE response. This type of cases usually takes 365 to 540 days. However majority of processing has been completed for your case, so you\'ll receive a written notification about our decision in 150 days"

I\'m surprised to hear this message. Do I have to wait for another 5 months after responding to RFE?

If any one has more information on this or has experienced similar situation, pl post.

Thank you.

No Title

Don\'t worry this is the standard msg I also in the same boat but they say it will be finalised within a month.
Best luck

No Title

My RFE was received by INS over 6 weeks. No news yet. I have seen so many in this board getting approved after 1/2 after the RFE. I guess it depends on luck.

No Title

SS6,

You are right. Luck is a factor. I replied my RFE 4/5. Received as per AVM 4/12/2001 and also said it would take another 150 days. I got my I-485 approved 4/12/2001. I did not expect to get approval so quickly after RFE.

dilip

No Title

Did you get another FP notice after first FP rejected. or you just went Philly ASC to do it again. my FP done on 3/6/01 but rejected, so far I did not get another FP notice yet.

No Title

Beb2000,

I did not really wait for getting another notice for FP. I called Philly ASC up and they usked me wait for 2 weeks and come over for a reprint.

You might as well do that rather than waiting for a long time.

Best of luck....