ND Nov 2002 case has been approved

gcformenow

Registered Users (C)
My case was submitted on Oct 2002 and the ND is Nov 2002.

Last week, I received approval notification emails.

It has been a long waiting period. My case was stuck by name checking. I sent an email to FBI asked for name checking result on Oct 2004. In March this year, FBI replied to me that my name check has been cleared at the end of Feb. Then at the end of March, I got the approval notice.

I believe name checking is where majority of applicants get stuck. So as soon as your finger print is done, you'd better send an email to FBI ask for name checking result. If I sent my email earlier, the checking wouldn't take that long (my first figer print was done in July 2003).

I guess VSC process the case depends on if there is any complication to the case. If everything is in order, they can do it quickly. Otherwise, it may put your case at the bottom of the pile. So try to avoid being treated that way.

Good luck for you guys who are still waiting. Be patient and I am sure you will have yours soon.

let me be the first to congratulate you .....Did you get the I797 approval notice by mail...How long did it take to reach you once you were approved ?

Help

gcformenow,

Can you please share with me how you did to contact FBI (email address and text of email)?
My 485 has ND 02/07/2003, I have done 2 fingerprints (the last one on Jan 27, 2005) and hasn't been approved yet.
My lawyer started an inquiry process with VSC, we received a letter but it doesn't say much except the lack of manpower, bla, bla, bla. They cannot predict when it is gonna be approved.

Thanks

gcformenow said:
My case was submitted on Oct 2002 and the ND is Nov 2002.

Last week, I received approval notification emails.

It has been a long waiting period. My case was stuck by name checking. I sent an email to FBI asked for name checking result on Oct 2004. In March this year, FBI replied to me that my name check has been cleared at the end of Feb. Then at the end of March, I got the approval notice.

I believe name checking is where majority of applicants get stuck. So as soon as your finger print is done, you'd better send an email to FBI ask for name checking result. If I sent my email earlier, the checking wouldn't take that long (my first figer print was done in July 2003).

I guess VSC process the case depends on if there is any complication to the case. If everything is in order, they can do it quickly. Otherwise, it may put your case at the bottom of the pile. So try to avoid being treated that way.

Good luck for you guys who are still waiting. Be patient and I am sure you will have yours soon.

All you need to do is to send an email to FBI:

FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov

It takes long time before FBI replies. Be patient, they do reply to you.

Here is the draft of email:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I and my wife have filed an application for adjustment of status to that as
of Lawful permanent Resident with the USCIS Vermont Service Center on
October .18, 2002. Our application is now pending adjudication at the
Vermont Service Center.

I am sending this note to you kindly asking for your office to please
provide the status of the security/name check I believe the USCIS would have
requested upon the filing of our application for adjustment of status.

Following are the details of our case:

Primary Applicant:
Name:
A#
SS#:
Date of Birth:
USCIS Receipt Numbers:
Country of Birth:

My spouse information:
Name:
A#
SS#: