ND Feb99 Received RFE from VSC - Please Help

VSC-485

Registered Users (C)
Received RFE from VSC INDIA RD Feb99

INS has requested for latest appointment letter. The exact sentence is:

"Submit an Updated letter of employment stating prospect for continued employment ans salary"

I have few questions. Experienced people please help me.

1. Does the appointment letter has to be a long one or a short one? What I mean here is "Can the letter be in work verification format?".
2. Should the salary match the exact salary submitted with I-140? If the salary is more than salary sent with I140, is it a problem? I have a 4k raise in over 2.5 years and if I give the new salary will I be in trouble?

Experienced people please help me. INS has clearly mentioned that they want to see the updated salary. What do I do here? Do I give the new salary or give my old salary and pray god sothat INS doesn\'t ask for paystubs?

Experienced people Please reply.

No Title

Hi,
I guess what you can do is just ask your employer to issue a new letter with the same content what it was there when you submitted your I-485. The only changes should be the current date for the letter, salary (since it\'s changed), employed since (date/mo. & year). In our case employer put the following statement for prospects of continued employment
"we continue to employ so & so andsupport so and so\'s application to permanent residency"
It worked (atleast) in our case (waiting for the approval notice in mail)
Hope this helps you.
Thanks
AP

No Title

The letter should state the position you are currently holding with the current salary. It should also state that upon PR approval you will be occupying the advertised post with current salary. Salary can be a new number and as long as it is more than what was originally given to INS you are OK.

No Title

Hi AP,

Thanks for your reply. Is your current salary different from your I140 salary?

Thanks

No Title

Hi
Yes, the salary changed rather I should say increased since the labor certification was done and after the I-485 was filed. The current salary was mentioned on the letter by employer.
Thanks
AP