ND December 2002 RFI Received

lusiks

Registered Users (C)
Could not believe it - received an envelope from NSC with one yellow page of RFI (standard) asking for medical and biographic form. Note that my online message did not change, does not show that RFI was sent.

My full timeline:
Asylum approved 12-2001
I-485 RD/ND 12-2002
FP 08-2004

I had submitted my medicals with original application and do not plan to redo it again, so I will include an explanation for that and an updated biographic form.

L.

Guys, looks like there's a pattern developing here. It seems people who submitted the medicals initally at the time of filing are getting RFI's sooner. Don't you think?

Vle said:
Guys, looks like there's a pattern developing here. It seems people who submitted the medicals initally at the time of filing are getting RFI's sooner. Don't you think?

There is no pattern. This is just initial phase of RFI mass mailing for 2002 applicants. Sooner than later all 2002 applicants with get the RFI..It doesn't matter who submitted what at the application time because an Officer doesn't look at your case ...this RFI is being generated by some dumb clerk who doesn't know whats in your file and doesn't care. Mostly all of us will have 2 medicals.

Provided that you did not do anything goofy, you should get GC by the end of the year, judging by the speed of processing cases.

Please don't give a false hope here.
12/2002 who is in 2003 service year will recieve his GC this year??????
What are you talking about unless he has an uncle in there!!!
Listen 2003 ND will have to wait at least a year even if he gets RFI doesn't mean Shi.......

I think you guys are too critical of INS. I personally don't like the way they process application, but...

They are now sending GC days after approval.
They are now approving SOME of the cases days after bio.
They are sending massive bios notices even before reply to RFE is received.
They are scheduling appointments days away.
They are approving 04/2001 cases which are 1 year ahead of their own schedule.

If this is not noticeable improvements, then you are blindly refusing the fact.

FIFO, well, who says life is fair... Should I get approval for my RTD with ND 03/08/05 while they are approving 04/01/05 cases? :mad:

Status updated

Got an update on the website today, August 24th 2005:

"On August 19, 2005, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

They have received my FedEx today, so I wonder if there is any connection, although logically if there were, the message should have said "RFI response received", but it doesn't, at least not yet.

Received RFE

I received RFE in the mail on tuesday

my time line:

Asylum approved Dec 2001
I-485 ND Dec 16 2002

It is a yellow page requesting for medical & G-325A. how long do i have to wait before i can get green card?

Message updated

They updated the website today, on August 29th, 2005. THe message now says (standard):

Current Status:

On August 27, 2005, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

etc etc etc