ND before May\'99 no RFE, please post your details

buba kikabidze

Registered Users (C)
I am one of the unlucky VSC waiters whose application seems to have been passed by. I\'d like to get a sense of who else out there is waiting for approval w/o any RFE and with Notice Dates before May\'99. Maybe, we\'ll see something common about our cases which would help us understand what the hell is going on at the VSC.

My details:
EB-2 Europe
RD 03/17/99
ND 04/05/99
FP 03/??/00
PD always current

Talked to an IIO (Carla) on Friday, 08/04. Was told that the case is "pending". No further information was provided.
No RFE so far...

No Title

Mine is before May 99

ND 04/99, RFE 07/15/00, Response received by VSC 07/27/00, still waiting

I believe there are still quite a few before-may-99 waiters on this site.

No Title

At least, you got an RFE which means they had looked at your case. In my case, there is total vacuum of information...

No Title

rohan rohan,

Ouch... I guess, everything is relative, ha? The sad thing about this is that there is nothing we can do about it... I don\'t
believe in contacting a Senator or whatever... We are at their mercy, which is pretty scary when so much is riding on this...

No Title

my ND is 5/3/99. Called IIO thrice in the last two weeks. No use.
They say -- My file is complete and nothing unusal. But so far no news from the INS.
No RFE.

VSC0296_waiter(EB3 india)

No Title

Your notice date is same as mine. Keep up posted if you receive some info from INS. It looks like some stupid slow IIO is sitting on our case.

EB2/ INDIA/ RD Apr 02,1999/ ND May 03,1999/ Regular Case.

(DG)

No Title

I did a little tallying based on the VSC_tracker information. Here\'s what I\'d found.

Cases Received from 1/1/99 to 8/1/99
        Approved RFE Pending No Action Taken Total Cases
EB1 5 1 5 11
EB2 11 2 29 42
EB3 8 1 21 30
Total 24 4 55 83

Approved RFE Pending No Action Taken Total Cases
EB1 45% 9% 45% 100%
EB2 26% 5% 69% 100%
EB3 27% 3% 70% 100%

Of course, the sample sizes are very small, plus this is based on self-reported information, so all the implications of that
apply here. However, based on this info, it\'s clear that EB1 cases get approval at almost twice the rate of EB2 and EB3 cases.
Good for them! There seems to be about the same rate of approvals for EB2 and EB3.

No Title

Any feedback on these numbers? Could this be just a random occurence that EB1s are getting approvals at a higher rate than
EB2s and EB3s?

No Title

RD 3/99 ND 3/99 NO RFE No news whatsoever.. Just frustrated with the whole situation..