ND 4/12/02, Approvedddd!

Safari_TSC

Registered Users (C)
Finally, our cases are approved by TSC on 12/16/04. Got the message around 3:15 yesterday afternoon. I was not that excited after this long wait.
A little bit about my case: I-485 filed on 4/12/02. Called TSC customer service line (when it was still available) dozens of times during March to May 03 to request the fingerprints. Finally, the manually requested fingerprint was schedule for us on 7/8/2003. We did the early fingerprint on 6/18/03 in Jacksonville FL, no question was asked. We got another FP notice later in September. I guess a lot of people with the manually scheduled FP have the same experience, after getting the manually requested FP they got a computer automatically scheduled FP also. We just ignored it after confirming with FBI that our FP results had been sent back to TSC.
Then when our fingerprints results were 1 year old, I began to send fingerprints expiry faxes/letters to TSC. Nothing happened. I decided to seek help from the Senator and Congressman’s office. My local Congressman’s office is really nice and helped us a lot. First, they helped us to get our 3rd AP approved from TSC, which had been delayed for more than 5 months. (We thought the delayed AP would trigger our pending I-485, that simply just did not happen, this made me believe more that AP and I-485 are handled separately especially the AP is not the first AP submitted with you I-485 in the same package) Then, they helped us to know our I-485 was pending for the FBI name checked. After learnt that, I started to send fax to FBI to check our name check result once every week. On 9/28/04, I got a message from FBI that the name check was finished. At this point, our fingerprints results just expired for 10 days. The Congressman’s office helped us to get the second fingerprint pretty quickly through the congressional inquiry. Our second FP was issued on 10/26/04 and scheduled for 12/14/04. Since we did not want everything gets delayed by the holiday season, we decided to try the early fingerprint again. We went to the Jacksonville ASC on 11/2/04. After driving 2 hours very early in the morning and sitting in the lobby for a good 1 hour, we were turned away with cold faces. We were pretty disappointed. One day later, I read from this forum that you actually can do the FP at any ASC as far as you have the FP notice (Thanks very much for you fellow nice members!!! If I had not read that, I would still sit here anxiously waiting for my approval today). Thus we decided to go to try our luck at a different ASC. On 11/6/04, we drove 2 hours to Orlando for the FP, but also got turned away because they were booked up. I was not as disappointed as the first time because I was prepared for that. But really did want to give up yet. So we drove another 2 hour from Orland to Tampa (yes, on the same day! we basically did nothing but driving that day. We were OK, but I felt guilty for my 2 year old, she was with us cooped in the car for the whole day. Sorry, my baby!) At the Tampa ASC, surprisingly, they were not busy at all. They did not ask anything about why we came to do the FP so many days ahead of our scheduled date. All went smoothly.
I had been hoping that our cases get approved before the Xmas, so it would not be delayed more for people taking leaves during the holiday season. But I really did not set my hope high. My case has a LUD of 12/6/04 and we got a reply from our lawyer several days ago said “ this case has been routed to the supervisor of the I485 unit for processing as of 12/8/04, please allow 30 days for an updated status response to this case”. I don’t know why our case needed to be routed to the supervisor of the I485 unit. My only guess is that our cased are older than their publicized processing date. Yesterday, I got the message that our cases were approved. And we are now waiting for the approve notice to get the PP stamped.

Thanks very much for all the members on this wonderful forum, thanks for sharing the pain, the joy and the information. For all the people who are still waiting for your approvals, I wish you the every best luck. For case as old as ours, I guess a lot are pending because of the name check just as ours. I really encourage you guys to contact with FBI to get it move.

Once again, thank you all very much!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Safari_TSC. That was a very well deserved approval.
You can enjoy your freedom now (finally!)
We are also waiting for our approval. Seems like my name check is still pending. Sent several faxes to FBI, but no reply yet. ONly God can help!

ND: 04/23/2002
1st FP: 04/18/2003
2nd FP: 08/06/2004
AD: ????????????????????

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

My congratulations to you Safari_TSC. You really deserve that approval & I'm not jealous at all, hehehe!!! Enjoy!!!!

Congrats! :) That was a long trip! But I guess veerything seems better now. Thanks for sharing your experience. Good luck to you and your family!