Nd 2002 Club!

GrassRoot said:
Iswaiting

Why did they ask you for interview ? Usually AS-based 485 does not need interview. Is your case unique in some facts ? ( such as renewed NP ) ?

Is your case now in TSC ?

Did your case online change its LUD before they issued Interview Notice ?

Thanks

Yes, too bad to be called for the interview.

I rather believe that this is due to the random pick ,but still, I am going to prepare everything for it.

My case is at local office not TSC.

The on line check does not reflect the change instantly and stays at NSC level, don't rely on it as my situation goes.

I just found this forum a few days ago from google search after receiving the interview letter. I wanted to know why and how I should prepair. Since this site is so helpful to people like us that I was wondering how do you guys get into here? Care to share?

I will keep updating my case development here and hope everyone would do so. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you applied for a travel pasport ? Have you traveled outside US while being an asylee? I think they are calling for interview everyone who has traveled outside US.

yako said:
Have you applied for a travel pasport ? Have you traveled outside US while being an asylee? I think they are calling for interview everyone who has traveled outside US.

No, I did not travel to outside of States during these years.

You do not need to apologize because English is a new language for all of us (asylees).

So what you are saying is that you have traveled outside US. Am I getting you correctly ???

GrassRoot said:
Iswaiting

Why did they ask you for interview ? Usually AS-based 485 does not need interview. Is your case unique in some facts ? ( such as renewed NP ) ?

Is your case now in TSC ?

Did your case online change its LUD before they issued Interview Notice ?

Thanks

Here is useful infomation for the issue of renewing NP:

"ND January 2001 Approved by local office "
Hey Everyone, I just got a temporary stamp in my renewed NP passport today! My I-485 was approved the end of November 4 days before my finger prints would expire. The officer asked me if I renewed my NP and I said, "yes, twice." He said can I see your new passport I said, "sure." He asked, "Would you like me to stamp your passport or would you like me to issue you an I-94 card with your picture on it." I said, "stamp the passport please." After he stamped the passport I asked him if renewing NP as an asylee or refugee is a crime and he said, "No." In my passport he clearly wrote AS6. I also asked if it's a problem during citizenship interview. He said, he never heard of a citizenship being denied on the grounds of renewing your NP. He also finger printed me and took my photographs for my green card. He's worked in CIS for a while.

How did you renew your passport ? I need to renew mine.

Just went to the consulate in NYC

Mike N. I think you gonna have hard time to renew you NP again..

I think NP belong to you country in the first place..the consulate have the right to deny you renewal application...also remember you have to submit you old NP with the renewal application..and with AS6 STAMP is same kind hard scenario..I think any consulate clerk know exactly WHAT AS6 MEAN.

Since he is a PR now. He should have no hard time renewing his passport. The logic would be that if he should've had hard time renewing it when he was an asylee..not when he is a PR.
I'm not worried about it becuase by the time my NP expires I willl a US citizen . And they don't really care about your status. Especially if your passport is expired. All they care about s that you are legal in the US, but I don't think that will be my concern at that point.

I heard about asylee(g.c. holder) from INDONISIA ...he go back look for his mother after the sunami hit (he never found her by the way..).
he was arrested in the indinosian airport and they ask him why he apply for asylum in the united states?.
so imagine how his country look like after the sunami..and they still able to know and worry about AS6 code.

Good for you, Congratulations !

Just curious, how did you renew your NP when asylee ? Your consulate never asked your legal status in the US ( your I-94 should have AS mark ) ?
Would you mind disclose what country is this ?

yako said:
You do not need to apologize because English is a new language for all of us (asylees).

So what you are saying is that you have traveled outside US. Am I getting you correctly ???

The solid answer is: "no, i did not travel to outside of USA.". I corrected my old post above.

yes, nd feb 2002 and still haven't hear anything yet!
for the RFI ,i just sent them a statment, i haven't included a new medical, maybe thats the reason, maybe another mystery,,,, don't know anymore what uscis is doing? for sure they putting too much stress on us.
i thought maybe if there is something needed they would have contacted me,, let's wait and see

Sorry than I don't know why they called you for interview, because all the people I know that have been called for interview, applied for refugee (asylee) travel document (travel passport). even ifthey haven't gone outside US, they did apply for travel passport.

yako said:
Sorry than I don't know why they called you for interview, because all the people I know that have been called for interview, applied for refugee (asylee) travel document (travel passport). even ifthey haven't gone outside US, they did apply for travel passport.

Dear yako:
thank you for response. Would you please provide some infomations about your friends' interview experience or prepareness?

yako said:

Actually there are many people on this board who have travelled a lot being asylees and didn't have any interviews and got GC without much trouble. I am not sure that the application for RTD raise a red flag for USCIS. The IO I talked to over the phone once said that there is indeed a very small percentage getting interviewed but she couldn't say what were the main reasons for USCIS decision to interview person since it's quite a secret info.
Some people even think that it's just a random draft. :)

guacho said:
when you get the RFE can you share what is it about???

Guacho.

thanks morning. good luck to you!

guacho. the RFI/RFE requested a medical (I-693) and biographic info (G-325A).

froff22

Did your lud change or was the message changed to "Cannot found" before approved on Jan. 19

usetech

usetech said:
froff22

Did your lud change or was the message changed to "Cannot found" before approved on Jan. 19

usetech,

my LUD changed. I have never received a "cannot found" message.

froff22 said:
thanks morning. good luck to you!

guacho. the RFI/RFE requested a medical (I-693) and biographic info (G-325A).

Congratulations!

I have tw questions:

Was you case trasnferred to TSC?
Did you submit medical reports or had u submitted them when you filed I485?

Thanks

Juxhin
RD. March 2002
Transferred to TSC 8/2005

juxhin said:
Congratulations!

I have tw questions:

Was you case trasnferred to TSC?
Did you submit medical reports or had u submitted them when you filed I485?

Thanks

Juxhin
RD. March 2002
Transferred to TSC 8/2005

juxhin,

yes, my case was transferred to TSC. i don't remember when exactly, but it was probably in 2004 or 2005. it seems that things do speed up when cases are transferred to TSC. i submitted medical as part of the RFI that they sent me. it was not filed along with my I485 in 2002. good luck to you! hope your case comes along quickly soon.