ND 2001 still waiting fro GC, any comment? thank you

I GAVE THEM EVERYTHING WHAT THEY ASKED FOR, BUT NOTHING..... ivpadilla2000@yahoo.com[/QUOTE]

That's the story of my I485 too. We will see if 09/30/06 date holds up. I hope that they will not have any "unforseen" circumstances.

This might be helpful...

Hey guys,

I was browsing the Immigration.com website and came upon a link with instructions on how to submit immigration case problems to CIS Ombudsman. Here's an excerpt from the page:

If you are experiencing difficulty with a particular immigration case and wish to submit a case problem, the Ombudsman will forward your case problem to USCIS for further action on your behalf. The office of Ombudsman was created by the U.S. Government to resolve problems within the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. The Ombudsman does not charge for his services. If you wish to submit a case problem, please be sure to utilize the following resources before submitting a case problem to the Ombudsman:

Here's the link:
http://www.immigration.com/improving_immigration/cisombudsman.html

I have not tried it myself but I'm thinking about it. Good luck everyone.

Just want to check if there are any news and updates. Does anybody know how things are going for cody2? I haven't seen him here for a while. Lots of luck and patience to everybody. Some day we'll go free, too. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, morning and guy.....

still waiting......and back here everyday for news.
anyway I will keep you posted if there is any news.
thank you guys!

Hi everyone,

I submitted RFI in January 06 at NSC and LUD has not changed since then. The following is last update after my RFI.

"On January 27, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case."

It looks like NSC is the slowest and is never moving.

But the good news: according to the email (The reason that cases were work out of order is the fact that NSC will have all I-485 Asylum Adjustment cases completed by 9/30/2006 as part of the USCIS backlog reduction initiative to work about 75,000 to 80,000 cases) we are supposed to get AT LEAST SOMETHING by 9/30/2006. Is that correct? I have been waiting since my asylum conditional grant in 1999. It a LONG LONG journey.

I will keep you posted on any update of my case.

Betty

Morning said:
talie777
kjonim32
Unfortunately for us, it is true that the INS working on the reduction of general "backlog" and they don't give a damn that someone, like us is forced to wait many more years longer than those, who applied for the same benefits a few years later and this email I received from NSCLawsuitAsulym@dhs.gov only confirms it:

Your case is current enroute to an officer and you should receive a
> decision
> in
> about 2 weeks. The reason that cases were work out of order is the
fact
> that
> NSC will have all I-485 Asylum Adjustment cases completed by
9/30/2006 as
> part
> of the USCIS backlog reduction initiative to work about 75,000 to
> cases.
> Therefore, when a case needs additional information, that case will
> naturally
> take longer that a case that has all the required documentation and
can be
> decided without needing additional evidence. However, as stated
above,
> your
> case is on it's way to an officer and when they receive it, they will
work
> that
> case.

Just a bunch of BS and lame excuses! :mad:

betty33
Here's what the USCIS official site says:
Important Notice:

The Service is receiving between 25,405– 43,881 applications per year. As a result, as of January 10, 2005, approximately 186,170 asylee adjustment applications were pending. We anticipate that we will process pending applications according to the following schedule:

Date Received (Mail Date) Timeframe to be Processed
On or before May 31, 2003 September 30, 2006
June 1, 2003-March 31, 2007 September 30, 2007
On or after April 1, 2007 Within 6 months of receipt

We emphasize that these dates are APPROXIMATIONS; unforeseen occurrences may delay processing.
You can check the whole thing here: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/services/RefAdjust/index.HTM
Surprisingly, you may be in a better position than ND'00 and '01 applicants. I was granted asylum in May, 1999 and filed for AOS in August, 2001. No indications of approval in sight... And if your case is in NSC, you are really screwed! :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning, thank you for your reply. The last time I checked the USCIS website was two years ago, and it said it would take about 16 years for this kind of case. Since then I lost the hope and never went back to USCIS asylee website. I am happy to find this forum and a lot of friends here.