ND 2000 - Still pending I485 - Reason I-140 (CP) but applied for AOS

marul

Registered Users (C)
  There has been a few approvals for I-485 recently where the delay was due to I-140 being done for CP(storage-issue).Please respond who are all on the same boat still in pending status.
Thanks in advance.

Me too

For me also I 140 approved in CP. But I didn\'t request it. My ND Dec 2000. Still no news, No RFE. When I called VSC they said, they don\'t know why is it taking long time. When I called NVC , they say my I-140 approval papers were sent to Chennai Consulate on August 2000. They say, my attroney has to contact Chennai consulate. My attorney says VSC should let then know about it. Only then they can contact. I do not know what to do. Please help me is any one has an answer for this.

ND 1/5/01, RD 12/27/00, I-140 for CP applied for AOS

still waiting. INS says my file is complete and they have my I-140 with them. I don\'t know what is holding the case.

Namathu- I can understand your frustration. There isn\'t much you can co

I was in the same situation (ND - 01/01) as you were until last week when it got approved. My 140 was approved for CP in Oct\'00 and the notice was sent to Chennai consulate.
There isn\'t much you can do at this stage but to sit tight and pray. Two weeks back I had contacted INS and NVC and pretty much got the same answer you got. Thereupon I checked with Chennai consulate and they confirmed that, they still have the case. On hearing that I had given hope and left it to HIM. Week later it got approved.
I think to adjudicate 485 there is no clearly defined guidelines especially, when it comes to CP approved 140\'s. Hence there is no point toiling over this (easily said!!right - I mean it), but to leave to HIM and pray.

Good Luck

Please provide more details

It looks like your case was also similar to me. When you contacted Chennai consulate did you ask anything in particular. Did you have to do anything which made your I 140 papers reach VSC quickly. Did attorney or you contact VSC also and let them know that your I140 is with Chennai consulate. Please provide more details. Every info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Namathu - No I didn\'t have to do anything.

When I heard that the case is in Chennai and that till December INS has not requested for it, I was frustrated and given hope. I didn\'t call INS nor NVC after that. Couple of weeks later I got the approval notice.

The point I\'m trying to drive home is that one cannot do anything when it is stuck in that black hole as no one knows how to handle the case. The only recourse you have is to nag your attorney, because they can directly speak to the IIO handling your case.

Good Luck.

Does it happen to all I140 CP or just some of them?

gurus, I wonder whether this is the case for all I140 in CP or just
some of them, because maybe I will be on the same boat later on -- my
I140 is also in CP. And how come some I140 go to CP while others go to
AOS? I think we all applied for AOS at the time of filing I140.
thanks a lot

No Title

Hi soworried,
    It depends on what category your lawyer had applied your I-140 in your case.I was told by my corporate lawyer he applied for (CP or AOS) for I-140 in my case.I think he did this to avoid some additional paper work.I assume that if your 100% sure that you are going to adjust your status here in US you could specifically opt for AOS and similarly if you would like to do your processing in your home country you could opt for CP.In my case , at that time when my I-140 was filed I was not aware of this and neither the lawyer gave me an option to choose from.I am just sitting tight with my fingers crossed praying that something good will happen soon.

I am in the same boat as marul. Corporate attorney did it to avoid I-824 if I ..

later decide to go for CP. According to him opting for CP I-140 gives you the option of doing either AOS or CP. But did not realize that this means a 2-4 months delay in approval. This delay is totally arbitrary - depends on the IIO assigned to your case. Some lucky folks, although in the minority, may not experience any delay

Guys! Relax

I know it is very difficult to wait, if you are not intended to go
for CP. Yes this is causing the dealys for atleast 90 days;As far
as i know the way this works, once your case has been assigned to
an officer, and he/she found that your I-140 is missing from the
file, he/she will request the file from appropriate consulate;
he/she can wait as long as they want or they can go a head and
approve the cases after they have been made three requests one
for every 30 days; again this is really depends on the office
whether he/she wants to verify the original I-140 with ETA-750
documents to see your job description;other wise you will get the
approval notice after three requests have been made.

I strongly recommend you guys; please do the pro active work and
you will get approved soon

GOD BLESS YOU GUYS;

Thanks

question for clostogc

closetogc,

How did you figure out the reasoning behind the I140 CP delays...your explanation sounds logical but what is it based on??

Did some IIO give you this information?

485Approval- Do you have Chennai consulate telephone no

Could you please give me the Chennai consulate telephone number, in order to verify whether my I-140 is still with them. When I called VSC they are refusing to disclose the whereabout of my I140 since it belongs to my employer. This will give me some idea about how long it might take.

Thanks.

Folks!

I know because of the fact i have gone through this pain; long back
when i say pro active work, if you are sure that your papers are
abroad; call IIO or send a written letter to VSC stating that,you
were opted for CP(Though it was not your choice), ask them request
the papers back from the appropriate consulate; it sounds works, but
i\'m really telling you that it depends on the office again, he may
request immediatly or wait till he works through your papers

Thanks

Any updates?

Hi Guys/Gals,
                Any latest updates from IIO regarding the status?

No Title

To answer you question , specifically, I was told that it is in the \'Final Adjudication\' stage. My I-140 was approved for CP, and NVC has sent it to the consulate in Chennai.Today, when I called to find out the status, I wanted to specifically ask the IIO, if a request has been sent to the consulate in Chennai. It was then, I was told, that they are NOT waiting for anything, and it is in the \'Final Adjudication\' stage..
Have any of one of you, heard anything similar to the above on your cases? If so, what does that mean? Please respond.