ND-12/00;EB2-Still waiting ... I-140 CP and I-485-AOS

marul

Registered Users (C)
Problem:
         ND-12/00;EB2/RIR - Case still pending with the officer from mid oct 01.Reason - I-140 applied for CP and I-485 was applied on AOS.

Called NVC to find out that my I-140 documents were sent to chennai by sep 00 .Sent an e-mail to chennai -US consulate regarding the status of I-140 document.Have not heard anything from them.Has anyone been successful contacting the chennai-US consulate for this problem and has a success story to tell?

Marul - I can provide you some insight

I was in the same shoes as you are. I did contact Chennai consulate and they provided me the status of my 140. I don\'t know which id or number you contacted, but I think they were pretty fast in replying back. Well, the key is you have to provide them with the NVC case number, which should be MDR200....something. You can get the number from NVC.
My ND was 01/01 and I got my approval mid December, but my 140 is still sitting in Chennai. As I said always said, there is no definite process being followed for CP approved 140\'s. Hence, keep contact the IIO\'s, or have your attorneys contact them.
Good luck let me know, if you need more info or which I can be of any help.

Question to 485Approval

485Approval,
Please provide the Contact Number or email address of Chennai Chennai consulate.
 Also please provide us the phone of NVC, where i can contact and get the MDR00XXX number.

Thanks in advance

Query for 485Approval

Hi 485Approval,
                    Let me first thank you for extending your valid input on this forum even after getting your approval.I sent e-mails to chennaic@state.gov and chennaiiv@state.gov and I did not get any response.Can you please tell me whether these ids are correct and if not please pass on the one you used and also the chennai - US consulate phone number.Also I had given my I-140 document receipt number in the e-mail for tracing my case and as you said I will try to get the case number from NVC and send another e-mail to the consulate after hearing from you.

Thanks in advance.

No Title

marul - I also tried contacting them, but without success. Now with \'485 Approval\' suggestion, I have again sent them an EMail with the MDR #. I\'ll let you know if I hear anything from them..

Thanks

Marul/gcjuly/surinj- Hope this info helps you

Below is the mail I sent to the Chennai consulate. You have to contact them with your case number..MDR something. Get that number from NVC.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Status of MDR2000772078

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to know the status of the case MDR2000772078. Has INS
requested the file to be sent back to the United States. Your timely help in this matter is highly appreciated.

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Consulate Customer Service contact:

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600006
Ph-91-44-8112060/2000

Good Luck to you guys and let me know if any of you need more info.

No Title

called chennai conculate yesterday with I 140 EAC number . Oficer replied that files have been sent to vermont late december
hope this helps

MY case is also 140CP

My case files has been sent to Delhi , Can anyone provide with the E-mail and Phone number of the consulate I should contact .

Question to Sri Vidya????

Hi Sri Vidya,
  what is your Receipt Date for I-485?
  Also this is the first you contacted Chennai Consulate OR had you contacted them earlier with e-mail or through letter?
 Which number did you call at chennai?
Your Input will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Ulallala...Ulallala...Finally approvedddddddddddddddddddd.................

VSC-EB2/RIR-ND-12/00
     I called the chennai US-consulate yesterday to know that my I-140 documents were already sent to VSC by sep 2001.Actually,I was puzzled by this reply as the IIO has told me that they were waiting on my I-140 documents when I called last week of december.And as a routine , I checked my voice mail last night and guess what - my case has been approved yesterday.Finally the turmoil is over.
      I would like to express my sincere thanks to every active member of this forum for giving valuable suggestions,insights and consolation which otherwise would have been more miserable.
Note:
        I got reply from consulate for my e-mail within 2 days and the customer support personnal gave the required info via phone.

Chennai US-consulate:
phone - 91-44-811-2060
e-mail - chennaiiv@state.gov

Thank you guys/gals and wish you all good luck for a faster approval.

Reply to gcjuly

I sent the e-mail to chennai US-consulate on 01/07/2002(Monday)and received the reply by 01/10/2002.

Approved on Jan 7th

I feel there isn\'t much we can do, only way is to push your attorney.
I called IIO in Nov. was told they are waiting for I-140. Attorney spoke to IIO around Mid Dec. Approved as per AVM on Jan 7th waiting for letter.

PD 11/98, RD 12/27/00, ND 01/04/01, AD 01/07/02