Registered Users (C)
The 5 year wait ends !!

My information :
EB3, Pakistan
PD : 03/96
I140 : 03/99
I485 : RD 10/04/99, ND 10/19/99 , EAC 00-013-52xxx
FP : Issued 8/18/00 for the date of 9/16/00, done on that date, Newark NJ
RFE recieved by us: 01/30/01 RFE : employment letter + 2 recent pay stubs.
( dont know when RFE was mailed out )
INS recieved RFE : 02/08/01
Approval Date : 02/12/01
Approval recieved : 02/18/01 (courtesy copy by mail)

Passport stamped, 02/21/01 ( today, 970 Broad St Newark, NJ )

IMPORTANT:
Instructions on courtesy copy asked to take along I94, two photos and passport; they also asked for the current EAD card and AP documents which luckily I had with me. You have to surrender those documents, she almost took my driving license as well, so be careful with the additional ID they ask for.

This is at 970 Broad St, Newark NJ. There are three entrances, front, back and side. The side entrance is for INS and room 334. Got there late at 9:30 and at stood at wrong line at first, turn came at 11:45, took 10 minutes as the lady was chatting with her colleagues, but wrote everything correctly. The passport stamp looks very ordinary I must say. She said it is taking them 10 MONTHS to mail out the card; if changing addresses and still within NJ then inform their office.

Good luck to all waiting, just a matter of time.

No Title

Can you tell me what I-89 is that you need to feel out during passport stamping? What type of question do they ask on this form?Congrats and good luck.

No Title

There is no form to fill out, and there are no questions asked. The officer was filling out something, though.

No Title

Did you have your fingerprint for index finger taken when having your passport stamped? The IIO in my local INS office told me I have to have that for INS to make the card. Is it true?