ND - 10/05 RFE requested

sekia

Registered Users (C)
hello all,
how'yall doing.
i am new member , im sooo happy when first time i found out this forum.
i feel that im not alone in this waiting hell :D
i recieved a notive from CRIS on my email. they asked me RFE
but the RFE is different from other member from this forum RFE
there's no 14 days required to call .
they just said my case is held in suspense

i will keep posted whats going on.
hopefully its good news ;)

Receipt Number: LINxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence.

On February 27, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

so do you guys think there will be a problem with my application?

Last edited by a moderator:
Everytime more evidence is requested in your case is because there is a problem with your application. As soon as the problem is solved, the case is approved, in most cases.
They could be asking for anything so be patient and wait for the letter to come in the mail.
Suerte
:)

Hi Sekia,

I got an email with the same detail as yours on 03/01/2007. I have yet to recieve the actual letter. I think it may go directly to my Lawyer or both of us may get copies. I am not sure what they may require, so i wait, probably wednesday this coming week i will have a clue.

Hi Sekia,

I got an email with the same detail as yours on 03/01/2007. I have yet to recieve the actual letter. I think it may go directly to my Lawyer or both of us may get copies. I am not sure what they may require, so i wait, probably wednesday this coming week i will have a clue.

i dont use lawyer services when i sent my I-485
i did it myself. so i think the actual letter will be go directly to me.
im wishing you luck for the 2nd RFE . hopefully they just need easy evidence before they approve you
:)

updated:
got the RFE today ,
they said my civil surgeon failed to indicate the results of a tuberculin (TB) skin test on my form I-693.

questions:
how long normally it takes to get approval after i sent RFE?
thank you

updated:
got the RFE today ,
they said my civil surgeon failed to indicate the results of a tuberculin (TB) skin test on my form I-693.

questions:
how long normally it takes to get approval after i sent RFE?
thank you

I'm in the same situation, and I also got an RFE for TB test a month ago. After they recevied the response I had an LUD updated for 5 days in a row and I was hoping it was a sign of an approval, but it got quiet since then (see my signature).

One of my family members received the same RFE, he sent the results back to CIS and there was some updates but then no updates for over 6 months now.... so RFE doesnt really mean approval in the next weeks...

got the result this afternoon , and everything okay.
sent the RFE back to NSC with overnight mail.
i'll keep tracking the timeline

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LINxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO
ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing
has resumed.

On March 9, 2007, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will
notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If
you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to
receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we
received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are
standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case
you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This
case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check
processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process
your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status
results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within
the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at
(800) 375-5283.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I need some help here :confused:

I received this email from USCIS

On March 2, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

However until today I haven't receive the actual letter/mail from them. It's already 8 days since March 02, should I be worry now? :confused: Do I need to contact USCIS or wait for another few days?

Please help.. you input will be greatly appreciated.
Also how long is the time frame that they gave you to submit the evidence?

Thank you

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I need some help here :confused:

I received this email from USCIS

On March 2, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

However until today I haven't receive the actual letter/mail from them. It's already 8 days since March 02, should I be worry now? :confused: Do I need to contact USCIS or wait for another few days?

Thank you

i recieved the letter 5 days after they sent me the notice.
just give it couple days more and see what happens.
sometimes USPS takes little bit longer to delivery the mail

about the timeframe , they'll give you plenty of time
couple months normally like what i had
good luck

Thank you

First of all, i've noticed that sometimes they send out a letter 2-4 days after you get this message. My last RFE according to them was sent Feb 9, but the envelop was postmarked only february 13th. And you need to add 2-7 days for mailing depending on how far you are from NSC

Sekia and Pqq, thank you. Your reply made me calm down now.. I'll wait for few days and hopefully the letter will come soon.

All the best for all of us that still waiting for the Green Card and congrats for those who already get their Green Card :)

Update:
I received the actual letter, it stated "to process your application, the U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services must capture your biometrics code 1"
:confused:
I did my BIO code 3 on Dec 2005 (but I don't recall having signature or photo taken on this) and medical on Feb 2006 and now they asked me for another BIO...

Last edited by a moderator: