ND 08/00 still waiting... IIO says "140 being requested from National Service Center&qu

MadRascal

Registered Users (C)
My 140 and 485 were applied at VSC. I spoke to an IIO today and she said that once they approve 140s they send it to the National Service Center in New Hampshire, and they need it to approve 485s. My case has been with officer since June 11th, but not sure why they didnt request the 140 before it was given to the officer, or why the officer didnt notice the 140 missing....

Anyway, does anyone know how long it takes to get the 140 papers from the National Center to VSC and how long it takes from then on for the approval?

Nope - It was VSC....

I had checked my 140 status with VSC(this was a couple of years back) when the case pending. I verified the documents and also asked the IIO to doublecheck if they think it was a CP 140. They lady made sure it was not.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

SAME BOAT, FEB 00 ND, STILL WAITING, 140 APPR FOR CP

Same boat, with officer from past 4 months, recentely when I spoke with IIO 2 weeks back, learnt that they are waiting to get back my I140. Did not tell when it was requested. I checked in I140, in the text it has clearly mentioned that it has been sent to NVC for furthur processing. Lawyer did not do anything, now we are getting screwed. Called NVC they are telling it has been sent to chennai, planning on contacting consulate, it all stinks. Hope my file is not lost in mail or dog ate my I140.

You have to call NVC to hold your I-140 file if it is approved for CP

Normally, You lawyer or you should have received a letter from NVC asking whether you want to go AOS or CP, and you should reponse in a month.

Lawyer has no information on this

As per NVC we are getting message file sent to Attorney at record. Laywer did not knew anything about it till IIO told that they are waiting for I140. God know when we will get it and things fall in place.

Correct me if I am wrrong guys....

From what you guys are saying, it looks like all of you who is waiting for 140 from NVC have done their 140 for Consular Processing.

But I did my 140 for AOS and not for VSC. Does this mean they should not be requesting anything from NVC??? I mean, did they mistake my 140 was done for CP and not AOS??? I am totally confused now... Bottomline --- I am too darn lucky....

I am sorry for you Madrascal

Yes..you are right...many people here did 140 for Cp and then filed AOS. Some of these cases get delayed , some get it without problem.

Yours is a case of mistaken identity . I am sure it will be resolved soon.
Dont worry & all the best!

What about I-140 cleared using old I-140 forms

Old I-140 forms did not have the option for CP or AOS - but asked for consulate info in Part 4.
Will my file go NVC?

Thanks.

if you know the consulate and case num you could send a request to the consulate via email to send t

Same status, approved !!!

Hope this helps you out. My ND was 08/00, about 4 weeks ago, IIO informed me that my I140 was sent to consulate in India for CP by mistake. The case was for AOS and not CP. Finally, my 485 got approved on sept 24th. Hope that gives you guys a timeline to work with. 4 weeks a nice iio informed me that a memo has been sent to NVC to get the I140 back from India and in 3 weeks 485 got approved. Got my pp stamped on wednesday, waiting for card now. Best of luck guys !!!

Are you from Rapidigm

Hi MadRascal,
Please post all the details of your processing...That will help
others who are in the same boat..

PD, RD, ND, FP, AVM message. Have you got any letter from NVC?

I am in the same big boat

My ND is 09/20/2000, EB2, Country: Other.

I\'ve never applied or suggested that I wanted CP. I only applied for I-485.
But was not approved yet because my I-140 was missing according to the iio. She told me 3 months ago that this is an internal problem and I could not do any thing about it. I called last week and was told that the I-140 letter is still missing.

I do not what to do at this point.

same thing here

I have found out last week that I-140 was approved for CP. It was, somehow, sent to US Consulate in my country. I called them, they said they sent it back to VSC, upon request from VSC, on August 15. The IIO today says they did not receive it, it\'s practically missing. My lawyer says VSC should not run after I-140 because they themselves approved in in the first place and must have the original in their files. She could not believe they do not have my I-140. This is why I am very curious what is in that "package" that is floating around between NVS, US Consulate and VSC? What information does it have that VSC does not already have. So many "lost in mail" is statistically not possible. I wonder if that package, whatever it is, does arrive and wait in Mailing Room or something.

RD: 12/28/00, ND: 01/05/01. EB2 - others.

Yes I am from Rapidigm

PD - Apr 98
RD - July 27 2000
ND - Aug 14 2000
FP - Nov 2000

AVM - It is taking between 365 and 540 days....
IIO - It is with an officer for the last 4 months.

Me - Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............

Its easy to track where your I-140 is...

Hi MadRascal,

If you are I-140 is approved for Consular Processing, then you would have received a letter from NVC to verify your address and confirm you want to do Consular Processing with the Case Number generated by NVC. Take that case number and NVC AVM and check the status, it will say whether they have your file or they have fwded it to your country consulate... If they have it, then would have got the message from INS saying that this case is AOS, these cases they will not fwd it to outside us.

hope this helps...

When did your I-140 got approved...

Hi MadRascal,

Please post when did your I-140 got approved...

From your post, you have applied I-485 on July 27th. If the time of your I-140 approval and I-485 is less then usually NVC will not forward your I-140 to foreign country....

God bless you and all rapidigm consultants...

CP - AOS - Rapidigm

Another Rapidigm case. Company says they filed 140 with intent to do AOS but INS mistakenly processed for CP. I do not have a copy of 140 application nor case #.

NVC sent a letter right after 140 approval stating case transferred to a consulate. When I called NVC I was told that case cannot be held at NVC and has been sent overseas.

485 ND is 2/01 and AVM has changed from case not found to case will take 365 to 540 days.

I140 STILL AT CONSULATE, THEY TELL THEY SHOULD RECV TRANSFER REQ FROM INS

The case file is being stuck at Consulate in Chennai. They are telling they have the file, but they can transfer only if they INS asks for the same. INS tells that they have requested but haven\'t got back.

How can I make these 2 offices comminicate properly and get the things done, looks like we are out of all the choices. INS tells we have already sent we dont request again, but those guys haven\'t got it.

Even if Consulate sends file tonight, I have to wait for atleast 2 months for post to arrive,get sorted in INS, enter the system and adjuducating GOD looks at it. It is getting worse every time I probe. Maybe I should freaking give up.

Can someone decode the meaning of this message. NVC message

My case by mistake went to CP route.(Because of the old 140 form).

Called NVC number

Input EAC (140 petition numbers).

The message says

on jan,21,2001 we have mailed a packet 3 to the attorney on file.
Send the filled packet 3 directly to chennai.
Don\'t contact chennai but they will look at your case and mail you the rest.

What does this messages mean?

I am thinking my 140 is in chennai.
Correct me if I am wrong guys.

Help!