ND: 07/00 wait until 02/02 to be approved ?

TerryA

Registered Users (C)
ND: 07/00, FP: 11/01, country: Other. I have been reading messages on this board for long time. Two months ago, we were hoping to see approvals for 02/00 cases by now; but obviously it\'s not happening. I called IIO today, she told me my case most likely will be approved about 20 months after ND, which is around Feb, 2002. I know IIO is not reliable, but I think VSC is not under any pressure to accelerate i485 processing. I am so so sad ..

No Title

my details:
EB3
rd : 02/24/00
fp : 10/16/00
rfe : 03/29/01
rec\'d rfe request through my lawyer. They are asking for paystubs and employment cert.

Sign that they are working on some cases with rd 02/00

No Title

TerryA,

I hope u are dead wrong about this. The previous message says that they have received an RFE for 02/00 cases. I have been keep track of all the 01/00& 02/00 RFE and approvals that are coming on this board. Seems that country other cases are going a little faster than the cases for chinese and indian cases. I am very hopefully that once VSC gets over the aug-dec 99 hump, they should pick up some speed. Anyway maybe this is the optimist in me that is speaking, but i guess after reading your message and forecast of 02/02, I need some optimism.

thanks.

08/00 ND/RD FP 11/00

No Title

lifeafter485,
I was also optimistic and hoping VSC will move full speed after aug-dec 99 cases. Very few lucky guys with Jan2000 ND got approval, but not enough. The thing bothers me is that only thing we can do is to hope, hope and hope. Again, I hope you are right.

No Title

Terry:

I think that you would be lucky if July\'00 case gets approved by 02/02. Here are my reasons:

1) You have waited for 9 months and there are only 10 more months to wait. 19 months is not bad considering that I485 approvals took about 12 months in 1999, about 16 months in 2000. With this rate of increased waiting, the waiting time would be much longer.
     2) On average, there are 50 registered approvals per month at the immitracker site. I once calculated that it would take 19 more months for my June\'00 case to be approved with the pending cases registered at the site. Somebody pointed to me that the registered cases are in many ways skewed. However, 10 months is only half of that.
     3) As of April 2, 2001, VSC was processing 10/15/99 cases. This is about 18 months of waiting. People have been suggesting that there are fewer cases after Oct\'99. This is only partially true. I have observed that the registered cases increases steadily at about 19% month over month. Notice that this is an exponential growth in case number. At this rate of growth, the number of cases in Jan\'00 and Feb\'00 are both similar to that of Oct\'99!!!

Do not make me wrong. I am also waiting.

No Title

As always, I stress that we cannot anticipate the approval pattern from INS (VSC). They are so slow in processing the I-485 cases that if they continue to process the I-485 cases at this rate than GC seekers (on average) from Jan 2001 might get approvals from August 2001. I believe they are deliberately doing this because they do not feel the trauma of all the immigrants. The IIOs get so irritated whenever i try to call them. They are keeping track of our calls and they just do not heed to any queries.

No Title

just my two cents. I guess the way VSC is working is that they have a pool of applications open for the next 90 or 120 days, since they are working on applications either 10/99 or 11/99, that would make about 02/00 for country others as a lot of them have the necessary paperwork like finger printing etc in place. Also my guess that they move processing another month is based on a certain percentage of applications processed for the previous month. I guess like 75% or 80%.as we see start to see the application for India and China being approved for say 03/00 or 04/00, your 07/00 case might be processed. Based on the current rate my guess would be your 07/00 should be processed in the next six months, I hope I am right

No Title

I agree with all of you guys here. I dont have to tell you the frustration of waiting. I have been waiting since Dece 1996 (YES my PD is Dec 1996). There was no RIR back then and thanks to the New Jersey Department of Labor, my LC approval took almost fopur years. My I-485 ND is Sep. 00. I was also hoping that the processing will improve after the Aug-99 hump. There was some indication that this could happen because I got my FP notice in December 00. But once again nothing is predictable with VSC,...........

Dont know what else to do other than just keep going, going, going.................