ND 03/12/02 - RFE received

Mike05

Registered Users (C)
Just got an e-mail that RFE was mailed to me. Nothing for my wife.

Feel a bit nervous, but at the same time relieved that somebody has finally picked up my case.

I'll let y'all know what it is for, when I get it.

Thanks.

Could you please post what the RFE is for when you got the details with you. I also agree with you. RFE is better than complete silence. Hope it will be soon for you. Good Luck!

Kamal

485 RD: 03/18/03
Recently I got the same RFE. It was about a proof of Special Registration. :D

I received the RFE on Monday.

It was a request to do a TD shot. Back in 2002 when we applied, there was a TD vaccine shortage. So, they are asking to do that now. Also, I was told in the doctor's office that medicals expire in one year, so my wife and I had to do medical evaluation again.

I hope to send the reply back tomorrow. Hopefully, I won't get another RFE for something else...

Mike 05,

I received a similar RFE as yours, which is about the TD shot and the proof of legal status for a certain period. And I am planning to respond it by myself.

Could you please share how you are going to respond it? By a lawyer or by yourself? Do we really need a lawyer in this case?

Thanks a lot!

Mdct19

Rfe

Hello everybody,

I am new at this wonderful forum. I've been reading though the posts for a few days and I found it really helpful and encouraging. I am still waiting on my I-485

RD 01/09/02
RFE Received 04/22/04
RFE Ack 05/10/04
FP 05/21/04
AD Waiting ????????

keep up the good work :)

Like, welcome aboard!

Mdct19,

My RFE did not ask for a proof of legal status, just the TD shot. My doctor insisted that I needed to do a new medical evaluation as well, since they are valid for one year only (not sure if it's true, but decided to do it anyway).

My lawyer sent the original RFE to my old address, so now it's floating somewhere in Atlanta. The lawyer told me that I could respond by myself, ahem... Well, I wrote a letter stating the reason why I'm enclosing the faxed copies of the letter, enclosed the sealed envelopes, put in the Fedex envelope and started praying.

Seems like you don't have to have a lawyer to respond to RFE. If it's not a straightforward case, I'd rather use one, though. I guess just make sure to include everything they've asked for and send by Fedex.

I'll keep y'all posted on my case.

Good luck!

Mike

Mike05,
Did you send the RFE reply by Fedex ? I just wonder if Fedex sends package to P.O. Box.

Thanks,

mdct19

I sent by Fedex but used the courier address from their website:

USCIS TSC
4141 N. St. Augustine Rd.
Dallas, TX 75227

Make sure indicate the proper PO Box in the address line, so they could route it to the right area.

I checked my package by the tracking # and it was received this morning.

Rd

Typo Mistake- MY I-485 RD is 03/18/2002 and not 23003

How to know the Officer #

Thanks