ND:03/00, morning chat with IIO

Alex Petrov

Registered Users (C)
Called VSC this morning and talked to IIO. Here is a transcript:

==================================
IIO: How may I help you?
Me: I\'d like to check the status of my case.
IIO: What kind of case is that?
Me: Application to adjust to permanent resident status, EB-1
IIO: Ok, what\'s your A-number? (?)
Me: It\'s A-xxxxxx
IIO: Ok, who am I speaking with?
Me: Me, the lion :)
IIO: Your case is with an officer, awaiting decision. It should take approximately 30 days.
Me: That\'s great, but when I called you on May 11, that is almost 3 months ago, you gave me the same information.
IIO: You called us on May 11?
Me: Yes, I did.
IIO: Well, what I see here is that it\'s with an officer.
Me: Ok, can you check my wife\'s case then? She is a derivative applicant.
IIO: Sure, but it\'s going to be the same (!?) What is her A-number?
Me: A-xxxx.
IIO: It\'s with the same officer, awaiting decision.
Me: Is this officer on vacation or something?
IIO: No.
Me: Is there an RFE coming on either of our cases?
IIO: No, it\'s just awating decision.
Me: Is there anything I can do to speed it up? What would you recommend me to do?
IIO: Wait another 30 days and then call us again if you do not receive anything in the mail.
Me: Thank you and have a good day.
======================================

I hope this information is helpful for someone here (it is certainly not for me). It\'s very frustrating. I don\'t know what to do. Thinking about contacting one of the senators here...

--Al.

Same thing here!

Al, I am going through the same uncertainity. When there is no RFE, I wonder why cases keep sitting on officer\'s desk awaiting decision for so long. What do U think Al? Any clue??

No Title

I am also in the same boat. My RD 01/00 and ND 02/00 EB-2, case is with an officer for almost 2 months. No RFE nothing. still waiting... Don\'t know what else we can do to expedite this.

No Title

I have no idea what\'s going on with our cases. It\'s no secret that in order to report ``fast processing\'\' to the goverment VCS just started processing cases form the bottom of the pile. Thus, they could report that they are currently processing August-Sept. 2000 cases, while lucky Aug-Sept applicants got their approvals in less then 360 days. Good for them, sucks for us. I was frustrated enough so I wanted to write a letter to the senator here... I did a search on this server for some kind of example of that letter. Apparently, if I remember correctly, people at TSC encountered similar situation last year and wrote a collective letter of some sort... I don\'t know what the result was, but it sounds like a good idea...

--Al.

No Title

ND:02/00. I talked to an officer. I got the same answer you got. Nothing is different. Could you please let me know if you fins a letter example to the senator. Also I sincerely believe lawyers have a dedicated number to talk to INS. I pushed my lawyer but nothing happens thare either.

No Title

I talked to my lawyers as well. I don\'t know about that special number, but they said that they sent a status request there on July 3rd. No reply yet... As far as I know, the thing is that they don\'t have to reply unless the request is made by a goverment organization. Maybe I\'m wrong on this, so if someone knows better, please let me know...

Hi Alex and Tarkaran

Hi,

My case is exactly like yours...

EB2, India, PD 08/1996
RD/ND 03/2000
FP 04/14/01
NO RFE,
--Not a Company name change issue, Not Consular processing issue)

I think all our cases have been assigned to one really sick guy!!!
Whenever I call they say 30 days more or some thing. I think there are only a handful of people from this category left... (based on postings, I believe, NET and another couple of folks with this type of ND are there)

hopefully that iio wakes up from his deep sleep and look our case before oou FP expires (I believe FP has a life of 1 year) otherwise we might be receiving our 2nd FP....

what a nightmare...

thanks
shanks

No Title

I\'m in the same boat. But my ND is in 6/00. Everytime I call, I\'m told the same story "case with officer; wait for 30-45 days". I was told my case is with an officer since Jul 3rd. So, I\'m planning to wait for 45 days from Jul 3rd and then approach my senator.

I dunno what exactly to write to the senator, but from what little info I gathered here\'s some tips ...

1. If possible, you should personally go to their office and drop off the letter, rather just mail it to them.

2. Point that VSC is processing cases filed many months after you filed.

3. Point that your case has been pending for over a year while the govt is trying to achieve a processing time of 6 months.

4. If possible, give examples of how it is adversely affecting you in other aspects of life.

I think unless we take a collective action, we\'ll continue to suffer like this.

Yes, I am on your same boat .....

My ND:03/28/2000:EB2:India:FP:03/21/2001:No RFE: waiting ...
when I called last week, IIO told me that they are waiting for my I140 from NVC, one month ago, one IIO said that my
case was with an officer, one of my collegue who had filed along with me under EB3, got his approval 2 weeks ago and
he stamped his PP also, his date became current just in June 01, but I am still waiting when my case has been current
all the time. This really sucks, I feel much frustrated. Anyway I feel a little releived to see you guys are with me on
the same boat. good luck to us.

info

Hi, Don\'t worry.
Assigned to officer doesnot mean anything great (atleast in my case)...Mine had been assigned to the officer on Apr 28th. Nothing yet. We were waiting for such a long time and gave up...yesterday I had to call IIO on another issue (because my wife was leaving to India on parole yesterday, i had couple of questionos..) that IIO when I asked hime about my case he said 60 days... (usually they keep saying 30 days...yesterday it was a change!!!)
thanks
shanks

thanks
shanks