NC cleared, now what?

alinaab

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
If anyone has time, I have a question.

I applied for I485 AOS in July 2007. My EAD and AP were approved, the name check was cleared, the IO at NSC said the file is waiting to be picked up by an IO.

What does that mean?
  • Are the files being processed in order of arrival?
  • Are the files being processed in order of case priority date?
  • Does the Visa Bulletin date matter? For EB3 I saw the date is now 2002, does that mean I will get a Green card when the Visa Bulletin date reaches my priority date again?

I am so confused, anyone can shed some light?

Thanks,

response below in red

Guys,

I applied for I485 AOS in July 2007. My EAD and AP were approved, the name check was cleared, the IO at NSC said the file is waiting to be picked up by an IO.

What does that mean?
  • Are the files being processed in order of arrival? "Yes, & priority dates should be current for this to happen"
  • Are the files being processed in order of case priority date? "No"
  • Does the Visa Bulletin date matter? For EB3 I saw the date is now 2002, does that mean I will get a Green card when the Visa Bulletin date reaches my priority date again? "Yes, your file can be processed only when your priority date is current"

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply.

So I guess the benefit of having applied in the mad rush of July 2007 when all priority dates were current, is that I got my EAD and AP. I was under the impression that the Green cards take about 12-18 months to process from the time we send it, but I guess it is all dependant on the Priority dates. That clarifies it, thanks again.

Thanks for the reply.

So I guess the benefit of having applied in the mad rush of July 2007 when all priority dates were current, is that I got my EAD and AP. I was under the impression that the Green cards take about 12-18 months to process from the time we send it, but I guess it is all dependant on the Priority dates. That clarifies it, thanks again.

Please note Visa bulletin for Jan 08 for EB 3 India is 1st May 2001 and not Nov 2002. Please check again.and confirm.

File processing and PD being current is absolutely not related. I know several friends whose PD is not current (for several months) and have gotten RFE's in the last week. Further this is also corroborated by CIS as well my knowledgeable attorney.

This is a standard procedure called as "Pre-adjudication" and the only thing after issuing RFE's and resolving them (if any) that stops one from getting a GC is a Visa number, that is PD being current. (whether or not they pre-adjudicate irrespective if Name Check status is unclear)

response below in red

Response below in red

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinaab View Post
Guys,

What does that mean?

* Are the files being processed in order of arrival? "Yes, & priority dates should be current for this to happen"
* Are the files being processed in order of case priority date? "No"
* Does the Visa Bulletin date matter? For EB3 I saw the date is now 2002, does that mean I will get a Green card when the Visa Bulletin date reaches my priority date again? "Yes, your file can be processed only when your priority date is current"

Thanks,

How can I talk to IO at NSC...which options shud I use to reach IO at NSC....

Hi Folks and alinaab,

You have written that you were able to talk to IO at NSC that your file is waiting to be picked up by an IO at NSC. My question is how can you reach IO at NSC.....which options do you choose in the 1800.375.5283 number. My I-485 is pending for more than 2 years now....my NC got cleared more than 6 months back...but still waiting to see that welcome mail...:mad:

Can you or any other member let me know how (i.e. what are the options on 800 number) can I reach IO at NSC?

Would greatly appreciate!

Goodluck with your freedom!

xyzstud.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can I talk to IO at NSC...which options shud I use to reach IO at NSC....

or is there any other way (other than 800 number) to reach IO at NSC?

Goodluck with your freedom!

xyzstud.

xyz,
RE: how can you reach IO at NSC.....which options do you choose in the 1800.375.5283 number

Here are the steps:
1-800-375-5283, then press 1, 2, 2, 6, 1,
enter the LIN#, press 1 again to confirm,
Listen to the message
press 3, and finally press 4.
This should connect you to NSC with an IO.

Good luck, just speak nicely, maybe say how many questions you have in the beginning, and be short! I think they have to go into your account for each question to look at different fields. Some IO's may get bored if they have to do that too much... Just my impression. I heard a lot of bad feedback on this site about IO's, but my experience was good.

File processing and PD being current is absolutely not related. I know several friends whose PD is not current (for several months) and have gotten RFE's in the last week. Further this is also corroborated by CIS as well my knowledgeable attorney.

Hi InTheMoment,

So are you saying that someone's green card can be approved even if their PD is not current?
I have a friend whose PD is Sept 2006 and his I-485 was filed in July 2007.
Can his green card be approved before his PD is current?

EB3, all other countries