Nbc ??

king27

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone

friend of mine recieved an update on line for his case :

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Case Transfered to Another Office for Processing

On March 31, 2008, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow the instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 to update your address. You can use our processing dates to estimate when your case may be processed by following the link below. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case by registering in the link below.

I could not explain to him so please tell me what does it mean

If any body experience the same case

thank you

Maybe his case need to be prepaired and scheduled for an interview at his local office. In general, when an interview is required the case will be routed to the NBC for prepration for the interview. Another reason could be that they need to consolidate all his files together. I beleive he would be fine.

Maybe his case need to be prepaired and scheduled for an interview at his local office. In general, when an interview is required the case will be routed to the NBC for prepration for the interview. Another reason could be that they need to consolidate all his files together. I beleive he would be fine.

Yes, that is my understanding as well. I believe he is being scheduled for an interview at his local office.

Why the interview for? is that good or bad and is that the final step? what do u mean the case be prpared ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Why the interview for? is that good or bad and is that the final step? what do u mean the case be prpaired ??

About 5% of asylee adjustment cases are being scheduled for an interview. I remember I read that somewhere on the immigration web site. Also, if there is a problem with your case (e.g. the friend of mine that had her case referred for an interview could not pass the FBI clearance because her fingerprints were rejected by the FBI).

About 5% of asylee adjustment cases are being scheduled for an interview. I remember I read that somewhere on the immigration web site. Also, if there is a problem with your case (e.g. the friend of mine that had her case referred for an interview could not pass the FBI clearance because her fingerprints were rejected by the FBI).

My friend got an oder message from CIS

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register. If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed

I s that a good or bad ting to transferred is case ?