Naturalized today.

makulkar

Hi Everyone,

My long journey of immigration ended today. I just wanted to put my experience here so that people like me with a complicated case would not worry.
We(me & husband) got our GC's in 2004. In Sept 2007 we left to India since husband took up a job through a US company and got placed in India. I could not come back to the US till Feb 2009. But my husband was coming and going to US with regards to his work. We filed for N-470 through a lawyer in Nov 2007. We got the approval notice in Jan 2010 but the dates to preserve the Permanent residency were wrong and also my husband's employer was also wrong. Through the lawyer we asked for correction but unfortunately till date nothing is done regarding to the corrections. However my husband decided to go ahead and apply for his citizenship in Mar 2010 and he eventually got naturalized in Jun 2010. And I filed for mine in Jun 2010 and did my FP in July. Nothing else happened till Jan 2011 when I was asked to go for FP another time. After which I got my interview letter and at the Interview the IO(was very courteous and super nice) told me that the long periods out the country would be a problem. I gave her the N-470 approval notice with all the errors.She went through it and told me that she has recheck to the total numbers of days I was out(Since I had one more trip out of the country after applying for Citizenship). And finally everything worked out fine.
So this post is for all those people who are going through situations like me. I was driving myself crazy looking for N-470 cases and found very few.
Good luck to everyone else still waiting on their approvals. :)