Naturalization

cp165

after i submit my n-400 for 5 years, i finally got my interview notice. but now situation changed much. after 911 there is just no job in the states. so i have the following quesitons:

1. 1. i didn't leave usa for a long time before i apply for citizenship. but i did leave for a long time after i submit my n-400 application (yeah, after 911). the longest period is 11 month. am i still qualify for citizenship? will they reject me at interview?

2. if i can pass the interview, when will i take the oath to formally become a citizen. what will happen if i need to leave usa during this period before taking oath. will that be a problem?

3. after i take the orth and get my citizenship paper, how can i travel to foreign country immidiately without either a foreign passport and a usa passport. (it takes too long to get a usa passport.)

thanks in advance!

-You might have a problem, since you were out of the country for more than 6 months at one time.
You would definitely need a passport to go outside a country. If you do get lucky and get US citizenship you are no longer citizen of the country you were born in (unless of course if dual citizenship exists). You will need to apply for US passport - I believe it takes about 2 weeks and return your old passport to the office of your birth country here in the US.

GOOD LUCK and keep us posted!!

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, information provided is from my knowledge gained by surfing the web.

Also, some INS centers have the oath cermony the same day and others schedule a later day (generally 1-2 months after interview). In case if its on another day, you will receive a letter about the date and time.

Disclainer: I am not a lawyer.