Naturalization Timeline in Charlotte

cyberguy

Registered Users (C)
I applied for naturalization in February, 2001 at the TSC. I got my FP in May, 2002 and just received a letter for an interview in July, 2002. I gather from some of the other discussions on this board that some people have had their oath ceremony the same day as their interview. So, I want to find out if anyone can share with us their experience at the Charlotte office and if they do the oath on the same day as the interview. Any other information about any experience at Charlotte office will be appreciated as well.

Same Day ?

Where did you get this info.
Keep us informed about your interview
Here's mine-
Appl Oct 2001
FP June 2002
Interview August 2002

Anyone else?

I had my naturalization interview on Wednesday. Everything went well and I am scheduled for the Oath ceremony on Monday, July 22. I had my interview in the afternoon 1:30 PM. I also learnt that the people who have their interview in the morning have their Oath ceremony on the same day. I was hoping to have it on the same day as I have to drive 3.5 hours to Charlotte but I did not have any choice in the matter. The INS officials were courteous and very helpful. Only extra thing I had to do was I had to get a new set of pictures as they felt the original set was very clear. So I had go down stairs to a photo store and get a set of new pictures made during the interview. Well I am glad the whole process is almost over. It took 17 months for me from the time I filed the application. I want to take this opportunty to thank everyone for sharing their experiences and insight and I want to wish everyone the best of luck.

Great News!

I wanted to Congratulate you.
Seems like there is no set process anywhere at the INS.
Please keep us informed Re: Your Oath.
Where is it?

Did they ask the general questions on the finale interview?
My interview is set for 11:00 am.
Was your's called as scheduled. or were they late.

Wishing you the best!
C

My interview and oath ceremony are both at the INS office in Charlotte. They did ask questions from the standard list of 100. I overheard an INS officer say that if your interview is before 11:30AM then your oath is on the same day. Yours sound like it is on the border line. My interview was about 40 minutes late. You may be able to get your oath ceremony on the same day. Best of luck.