Naturalization interview results

rajtheking

Hi folks,
I just had my naturalization interview today.Then I got a paper from the INS officer which had the heading Naturalization interview results.The INS officer put a tick mark next to the "" You passed the test of English and US history and government.""
Then he put a tick mark next to OPTION A) ""Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval.At this time , it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization.If final approval is granted , you will be notified when and where to report for the oath ceremony.""
The other option was -- B) A decision cannot yet be made about your application.
Is this the norm ? Do they give a written document stating that you passed the interview or is it just told verbally.He also said that the oath ceremony will be on July 7th and that I should be getting the oath letter in 2 weeks.The INS officer was very polite and co-operative,though.
So does this mean that everything is approved and I will get the oath letter or will they take some more time to evaluate and then make a final decision.
Thanks for the help.

rajtheking said:
Hi folks,
I just had my naturalization interview today.Then I got a paper from the INS officer which had the heading Naturalization interview results.The INS officer put a tick mark next to the "" You passed the test of English and US history and government.""
Then he put a tick mark next to OPTION A) ""Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval.At this time , it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization.If final approval is granted , you will be notified when and where to report for the oath ceremony.""
The other option was -- B) A decision cannot yet be made about your application.
Is this the norm ? Do they give a written document stating that you passed the interview or is it just told verbally.He also said that the oath ceremony will be on July 7th and that I should be getting the oath letter in 2 weeks.The INS officer was very polite and co-operative,though.
So does this mean that everything is approved and I will get the oath letter or will they take some more time to evaluate and then make a final decision.
Thanks for the help.
GOD man, what more can you ask for!
Congratulations, You should receive your oath letter in the mail in 2 weeks. Don't you worry about anything, it seems like everything is pretty good!

Thank you so much buddy for your kind words.Appreciate it.And all the very best if you filed any application.

rajtheking said:
Hi folks,
Thanks for the help.

You know what, I got the same paper with the same check marks as yours. However, my interviewer didn't say anything more than "you can go now." I still have a big question mark in my head, and wonder if the "If final approval is granted , you will be notified when and where to report for the oath ceremony." is a standard template. I hope my application has been approved. Keeping my finger crossed.

Yes,exactly, I was worried about that same sentence which you mentioned.I wanted to know ""If final approval is granted--"" == Is granted by whom?By a supervising officer?By Dept. of homeland security? By Law enforcement agency?Or is it just that the application is approved and only a official confirmation is needed? But going by the responses on this post,everything is fine ,I think.
Certainly,all those guys who passed the interview could post their response as to whether this is the standard procedure,and I searched but there are no posts on this board regarding this issue.

that's the problem. people usually come here for answers. for those who are done, seldom come back and share experience...

shouldn't the "paper" the template so it is same for everyone?

if it is checked on "congrat... etc etc", it means nothing is pending on your case for approval, especially the name check.

just be patient and i do not see you can do much for now anyway.

martin307 said:
that's the problem. people usually come here for answers. for those who are done, seldom come back and share experience...

people come back to share the interview and oath experience. the whole naturalization could be the big thing for them and finally they got over and they can move on and get their "normal life" back on track.

it is not the problem for people not ocme back to share experience. they have their other things to focus on.

ocworker said:
shouldn't the "paper" the template so it is same for everyone?

if it is checked on "congrat... etc etc", it means nothing is pending on your case for approval, especially the name check.

just be patient and i do not see you can do much for now anyway.

Hi Ocworker,

How do you know if the paper is checked on "Congratulations...." it means nothing is pending especially the name check?

I had the interview few days ago in Oakland, CA and the N-652 is also checked on "Congratulations" and now waiting for th Oath letter.

Thanks,
Alameda

When I had my interview, I got the letter saying I passed the English & Civic test, however a decision can’t be made at this time. I asked the officer if I could provide more info or documents and he said no. I was worried out of my mind and that's when I got hooked on this forum. I kept reading about name check issues people having and I thought to my self here we go, I am never going to get it or may take years as I have a very common and flag raising name (Mohammad Islam). I told my wife it may be years. She said don’t worry, things will happen in good time. My interview was March 1st, 2005. I was pleasantly surprised when I got oath letter on March 27th for April 22nd.

Naturalization is a big process for most of us here and we worry about every little detail, but most of the time things work out on their own pace. Relax, have faith and soon you will get the good news.

pinto19 said:
When I had my interview, I got the letter saying I passed the English & Civic test, however a decision can’t be made at this time. I asked the officer if I could provide more info or documents and he said no. I was worried out of my mind and that's when I got hooked on this forum. I kept reading about name check issues people having and I thought to my self here we go, I am never going to get it or may take years as I have a very common and flag raising name (Mohammad Islam). I told my wife it may be years. She said don’t worry, things will happen in good time. My interview was March 1st, 2005. I was pleasantly surprised when I got oath letter on March 27th for April 22nd.

Naturalization is a big process for most of us here and we worry about every little detail, but most of the time things work out on their own pace. Relax, have faith and soon you will get the good news.

i passed the english and civic test and "however a decision can't be made at this time". the officer told me it was the background check. i have been reading posts from here since i applied my citizenship in March, and once i heard that "background check pending", i knew i would be stucked for years. sigh.

all i can do is relax, wait, and pray (as so does my gf pray for me too). getting worry on this can't help the process. Btw, i am a worry person. i worry little things. naturalization is a big thing to me and i do worry. however, i just have to ease my mind for a mind. like JohnnyCash and the other ppl replied to my (boring) posts, i need to relax. it is hard to do, however, i guess, if ppl can relax and learn how to deal with this long process in a peaceful mind, i believe they can deal with lot of (crap) things in the future. good luck to everyone out there.

I had my interview on June 8th but a decision could not be made for two reasons. I was asked to submit proof of my student status during my extended period abroad which I mailed the next day and my name-check was still pending. Hopefully, my name-check will be cleared soon.