naturalization interview outcome document

sunesh369

Registered Users (C)
After the citizenship interview - assuming that we "pass" - what document does the interview officer give as a proof that we passed the interview?

After the citizenship interview - assuming that we "pass" - what document does the interview officer give as a proof that we passed the interview?

N-652 (Nat. interview results). Also in some DO's you get the N-652 & N-445 (Oath notice) at the same time or within a few hrs. of each other.

N-652:
The first part consists of check boxes about whether you passed/failed the English & History test.

The 2nd part consists of 3 check boxes about whether you passed/failed the interview. Here, you are either "Congratulated & recommended for approval", "Denied", or "continued".

The 3rd. part is just some info on stuff about changing your address, contacting the DO, etc.

The most important part is obviousely part 2: If you are not Congratulated & recommended for approval, it means you did not pass and will have to spend more agonizing time waiting, sending docs., or in the worst case continue with multiple interviews.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or if it was like my interview a week before my 3 years PR, a "Pending on 3 yr perm residency [date]" that he wrote on the form...

In my case, i just got a verbal confirmation from the interviewing officer that I have passed and should expect my oath letter in 2-3 months. He was in a big hurry throughout the interview and probably forgot to hand me my N-652.

In my case, i just got a verbal confirmation from the interviewing officer that I have passed and should expect my oath letter in 2-3 months. He was in a big hurry throughout the interview and probably forgot to hand me my N-652.

Wow! Can't say I have ever heard that before. If I were you I would ask them for your N-652 - that is the ONLY doc/proof you have about the interview and what the results were, especially if any problems were to arise in the future.

Just my $0.02.

Is form N-652 actually given to you to take home or just to sign it and return to officer on the spot? thanks

You get it to hold and to keep forever. Hopefully it is soon followed by an oath letter (which you keep for a while and then trade in for a naturalization cert (more or less)).

You get it to hold and to keep forever. Hopefully it is soon followed by an oath letter (which you keep for a while and then trade in for a naturalization cert (more or less)).

thanks a lot flydog. a friend of mine was recently interviewed for N-400 but he is telling me he did not get anyfom at all. do you see any problem there? he has submitted a waiver application for the civics and English test. thanks a lot.

Oath Letter

Hi Flydog,

I received my oath letter today, but it does not say "N-445" or "Naturalization Oath Ceremony" anywhere. There are 2 pages, with the first containing my A# and LIN# and questions at the back (also address for the courthouse where I am supposed to show up). The second page has a list of items to bring. Does it seem OK!

Thanks for your time and help,

KG

OK, what does it say. I got mine 6 months ago and I don't remember exactly what it said. I do remember that, like every other pre-printed form that the government produces, it had a number (look for very small text at the bottom of the page, maybe).

If the questions are similar to the yes/no N-400 questions (e.g. "have you been cited or whatever, including traffic violations?") then that's the "Oath Letter".

The USCIS may be a lot of things, but I'm real sure they don't hand out prank forms to applicants. If it tells you to show up to take your oath, then it's probably correct :)

IIRC my N-445 looked like any other standard USCIS notice document except it had questions to be filled in on the reverse side, and was required to be signed and taken to the oath ceremony.

Oath Letter

Flydog,

Thanks for your prompt response. Yes, the questions are similar to yes/no N-400 questions (e.g., traveled outside the US since interview, citations, divorce). Also, there is a second page listing items to bring with me.

Another related question - the original notice for my N-400 application (Dec. 2006) had a typo for my name (one letter misspelt). I called the 1-800 number to correct it and received a notice in Jan. 2007 in that regard. However, all subsequent notices (interview letter, oath letter) continued to carry the wrong spelling. My question is, if the wrong name is used in the Naturalization Certificate, will I have an opportunity to correct it during the oath ceremony? I read in this newsgroup that they ask you to check your name, etc on the certificate. Also, if the spelling has to be corrected on the day of oath ceremony, will they hand me the naturalization certificate right away or will it be mailed to me - somewhat anxious, since I have to surrender my green card.

Thanks for your time and help. Really appreciate it.

KG

OK, what does it say. I got mine 6 months ago and I don't remember exactly what it said. I do remember that, like every other pre-printed form that the government produces, it had a number (look for very small text at the bottom of the page, maybe).

If the questions are similar to the yes/no N-400 questions (e.g. "have you been cited or whatever, including traffic violations?") then that's the "Oath Letter".

The USCIS may be a lot of things, but I'm real sure they don't hand out prank forms to applicants. If it tells you to show up to take your oath, then it's probably correct :)

During registration prior to the actual oath, you will be shown your natz certificate so you can check/correct any spelling errors. Incorrect certificates are normally reprinted almost immediately.

We were never shown our certf before the ceremony but there was a small desk for corrections right at the venue.