Naturalization Interview: Didn't understand....

calialva

Registered Users (C)
I had my Naturalization Interview today: I got my GC through political asylum and today I was getting nervous when I was waiting over an hour. When interviewed, everything went smooth, passed Us History, Government and both English. Later on, Officer called boss and asked her if "this" would be an issue, pointing at a paper inside my file. She read a paper and mentioned "This is from 2008, When did you get your GC?" I answered in 2010, and then she continued "he should have already had a background clearance, we'll have to ask for clarification". When she noticed my face, she mentioned "we'll ask for it today, this should be fast". Then I was given a Form N-652 stating that I passed all exams, and below that "A decision can not yet be made..." Officer told me to wait a paper in the mail.... and that was it. Left with more questions than answers. Should I be worried?

What's that paper? Arrest?
No, never been arrested. Couldn't read the paper but according to the conversation between Officer & Supervisor, they were referring to a document from 2008 that needed Background Check, even though my Asylum case was approved by Judge on November 2009 & my GC approved in 08/2010.

No, never been arrested. Couldn't read the paper but according to the conversation between Officer & Supervisor, they were referring to a document from 2008 that needed Background Check, even though my Asylum case was approved by Judge on November 2009 & my GC approved in 08/2010.
In both cases , I suppose they must have run my Background Check.

They do a background check each time you apply for a benefit. They should have done it for your N400 as well. If you knew the content of the paper. It might be a similar name and check stating you are not that person etc.

Right now you have nothing to worry, as it worked before, it should clear and soon you should get your oath letter soon.

01/14/2016 Received letter Scheduling Oath
01/20/2016 Oath : US Citizen!

Thank you everybody for your support!