Naturalization In Fairfax/dunn Loring Virginia- My Experience

USCITZNHOPEFUL

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
Thanks for all the help and advise during my application process! I am happy to say that I am now a US citizen. Here's my experience in a nutshell. Would be happy to answer any questions about my experience.

My application too exactly one year to process. I applied in July 2007 and received the notice for interview in June 2008. Interview was on July 29th 2008. Oath was taken the same day. Interview and Oath were held at USCIS office in Fairfax/Dunn Loring.

The questions were very simple:

Colors of the stripes on US flag?
Where is the white house located?
What is the capital of VA?
Who were are enemies during WW2?
What was the 49th State added to the union?
How many stars are on the flag?

I answered the first six questions correctly so the officer didn't proceed further with questions. I was asked to read a sentence that was given to me and write another sentence that was also given.

I was asked about my tax obligations and I have no criminal records. So everything was cut and dry and went smoothly.
My interview was scheduled at 9am and I was there at 8:30am. I was called in at 9:15 and was done with the interview about 20 minutes later.

If you finish the interview by 11:30am you will most likely be scheduled for the oath the same day. I took my oath that afternoon at 2pm. I was told to be there at 1:30pm. The ceremony was nice and everything was well organized and ended quickly.
You can bring the kids with an accompanying adult but they will not be able to sit with you. they will be at the back of the hall and there are no seats to sit next to you if you are taking the oath. photographs are allowed but have to be taken very very quickly. You will know when you go how it will be.

Good luck and thanks again for all the help on this forum!

By the way, I took ALL the documents that were mentioned on this forum somewhere. I was not asked for any copies or anything else. But my husband who had the interview two days after mine, had been asked show copies of his Passport, Greencard and Drivers License WITH the originals.

The IO would normally make copies of your GC, drivers license and passport at the interview so it's strange why your husband's IO would ask for copies.

The IO would normally make copies of your GC, drivers license and passport at the interview so it's strange why your husband's IO would ask for copies.

Copies were asked to be checked with the originals, but not withheld. I suppose each IO has their own way of doing things. Besides, we submitted copies along at the time of applying. :confused: